Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Hi,

I have several DiD pointed to one extension.

I wondering if it any way to diaplay that info ont the phone. Goal is to let user know to which city number (DiD) call is comming into.

i'm using asterisk and with wide range of soundpoints or VVX'es.

I don't want to register second, third etc lines on the soundpoint.

i also don't want to modify calleridname or callerid.

best solution would be to have such info on incomming call:

"

To: Company A (222 222 222)

"

maybe there is kind of SIP HEADER to send this info to phone.

I'll tried push messages but it doesn't fully furfill requirements becouse i can imagine that incomming calls may be distribiuted to more than one extension.

Best regards Maciej

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hello bbialy,

welcome back to the Polycom Community.

This is not really something that can be set on the Phone apart from looking at this FAQ post => here <= as all we do is assign it to different ring tones as an example or auto answer.

I suggest you have a look how you can manipulate the Caller ID within Asterisk's extensions.conf which you can inquire about within a Digium related community. 

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Hi,
Thanks for quick answer.

As I wrote  I don't want to manipulate CALLERID name or num. Finally I may have approx 20-30 DiD which will be routed to 2-3 extensions. i will need original data after BLIND transfer.

Please assume that it will be sth like 1st. line of support (like say your name, customer id, contract id... OK I'm transferring you)

I was considering diffrent ringotnes but in that case there is not enough ringtones in phone to set it up 🙂

do you have some other ideas?

BR MAciej

HP Recommended

Hello Maciej

I must have missed that.

Maybe you could use SIP Web Content as explained => here <= ?

If not I am out of ideas as we somehow need the Information.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.