Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Hello!  I would love to have some help to make paging work with a distinctive ring on the SoundPoint 331 phones using UC software 4.0.1B f .  I have seen several forum entries about how to make the paging work (which I do have working) and how to make distinctive rings work (where the paging ring is a different tone than the regular voice call ring).  But I can't seem to get them working together.  I've tried:

--- the paging works but the paging ring isn't different than regular ring ---

<alertInfo
voIpProt.SIP.alertInfo.1.value="Auto Answer"
voIpProt.SIP.alertInfo.1.class="RingAutoAnswer"/>

--- the paging works but the paging ring isn't different than regular ring ---

<alertInfo
voIpProt.SIP.alertInfo.1.class="4"/> 

--- the paging doesn't work - the phone rings (with a different ring) a few times and hangs up ---

<alertInfo
voIpProt.SIP.alertInfo.1.class="11"/> 

--- the paging doesn't work - the phone rings (with a different ring) a few times and hangs up ---

<se>
    <se.rt>
      <se.rt.custom1 se.rt.custom1.name="pbapage" se.rt.custom1.ringer="ringer11" />
    </se.rt>
  </se>

<alertInfo
voIpProt.SIP.alertInfo.1.class="custom1"/>

Can anyone help me?  I would really appreciate it!

Thanks...  Dave

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hello Dave,

have a look at the above FAQ entry as I added an explanation and working example.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

Hello Dave,

I am not sure what you are calling paging.

The Phones, since UCS 4.0.0, support PTT but I assume you are utilizing a SIP Header.

The VoIP FAQ contains this post here:

Oct 25, 2011 Question: How can I change my Ringtone or Ring in a special manner for a certain incoming call?

Resolution: Please check => here <=

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Steffen,

Thanks for your response.  By "paging" I mean "Group Paging enables you to broadcast one-way audio announcements to users who are subscribed to a specific page group".  I do have the paging working - I can dial an extension for a group page and Asterisk will use the speakerphones on the Polycom 331's which are in the page group to broadcast the message from the caller.  

The problem is that the ring tone used on the Polycom 331's is the same as the default ringer and some people think that they are getting an inbound call instead of the ring just announcing the incoming group page.  

So what I'd like to do it to specifiy a special ring which sounds different than the user's regular ring so that they know a group page is coming.

If you look back at my original post you can see the different things that I tried and the results that I found.  In some of my attempts the group paging worked but used the default ring on the phones.  Other attempts produced a different ring, but the group paging stopped working - the phones would ring with the distinctive ring for a few times then hang up without the group page being played over the speakerphone.

I hope this more fully explains what I am trying to do.  Any help that you could provide would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks... Dave

HP Recommended

Hello Dave,

have a look at the above FAQ entry as I added an explanation and working example.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

HP Recommended

Steffen,

Thanks so much!  That was just what I was looking for!  Here is what I ended up with:

<alertInfo
voIpProt.SIP.alertInfo.1.class="ringAutoAnswer"
se.rt.ringAutoAnswer.ringer="ringer10"/>

The phones ring with a distinctive ring, auto-answer, and play the page...

Thanks again!

dave

HP Recommended

Hello Dave,

could you mark it as a solution?

Best regards

Steffen Baier

HP Recommended

Has anyone figured out how to shorten the ring time of a page in the 4.x firmware?  I'd like for the phone to go immediately into page mode with only a quick beep like I used to be able to do on the 3.2.x firmware.

THanks,

-M@

HP Recommended

Hello mfandy,

please see my reply =>here <= .

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.