Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Trying to set up distinctive ring on inbound routes FreePBX 13.0.194.2 polycom soundpoint IP 550 and 650 firmware version  4.0.7 have serched and found a few older post put cant seem to make things work would take any suggestions or instruction on how to get this acomplished.

Thanks

Bert16112

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hello @Bert16112,

The suggested FAQ is pretty detailed on this as your server is sending:

"Alert-Info: <Highest Double Trill>"

but the phone would be expecting:

"Alert-Info: info=Highest Double Trill"

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

Hello @Bert16112,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

UC Software 4.0.7 is no longer a supported version so please ensure to upgrade to UC Software 4.0.13

The community's VoIP FAQ contains this post here:

Oct 25, 2011 Question: How can I change my Ringtone or Ring in a special manner for a certain incoming call?

Resolution: Please check => here <=

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Thanks for the info i have updated to 4.0.13 as said to in post.

I found this https://pbxinaflash.com/community/threads/polycom-alert-info-distinctive-ring.11261/ and would be great but cant get to work. Would appreciate help with this concept if any suggestions to getting it to work.

HP Recommended

Hello @Bert16112,

How about posting your configuration and maybe some logs or traces so people in the community can check if the SIP server even sends the correct SIP NOTIFY message as provided in the FAQ?

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

HP Recommended

Here is a piece of the log file showing <Highest Double Trill> in the alert info.

and after that is, what is in the SIP-Interop.cfg alertinfo 

Then the third peice is what I think needs added but not sure how to get it done with EndPoinManager.

Also attached complete sip cfg and log file

Thanks for the help

Bert

Executing [s@func-apply-sipheaders:3] While("SIP/347-00022bd1", "1") in new stack
[2018-02-14 14:31:44] VERBOSE[9583][C-00011a5f] pbx.c: -- Executing [s@func-apply-sipheaders:4] Set("SIP/347-00022bd1", "sipheader=<Highest Double Trill>") in new stack
[2018-02-14 14:31:44] VERBOSE[9583][C-00011a5f] pbx.c: -- Executing [s@func-apply-sipheaders:5] SIPAddHeader("SIP/347-00022bd1", "Alert-Info: <Highest Double Trill>") in new stack
[2018-02-14 14:31:44] VERBOSE[9583][C-00011a5f] pbx.c: -- Executing [s@func-apply-sipheaders:6] EndWhile("SIP/347-00022bd1", "") in new stack
[2018-02-14 14:31:44] VERBOSE[9583][C-00011a5f] pbx.c: -- Executing [s@func-apply-sipheaders:3] While("SIP/347-00022bd1", "0") in new stack
[2018-02-14 14:31:44] VERBOSE[9583][C-00011a5f] pbx.c: -- 

voIpProt.SIP.acd.signalingMethod="0"
>
</voIpProt.SIP.acd>
<voIpProt.SIP.alertInfo
voIpProt.SIP.alertInfo.1.class="autoAnswer"
voIpProt.SIP.alertInfo.1.value="Auto Answer"
voIpProt.SIP.alertInfo.2.value=""
voIpProt.SIP.alertInfo.2.class="default"
voIpProt.SIP.alertInfo.9.="Highest Double Trill"
voIpProt.SIP.alertInfo.9.class="custom9"
>
</voIpProt.SIP.alertInfo>
<se>
<se.rt>
<se.rt.custom9 se.rt.custom9.name="Highest Double Trill"
se.rt.custom9.ringer="ringer9" />
</se.rt>
</se>

HP Recommended

Hello @Bert16112,

The suggested FAQ is pretty detailed on this as your server is sending:

"Alert-Info: <Highest Double Trill>"

but the phone would be expecting:

"Alert-Info: info=Highest Double Trill"

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

HP Recommended

Thanks for the help

Bert

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.