Plantronics + Polycom. Now together as Poly Logo

Distinctive ring for the Polcom 670's

Occasional Advisor

Distinctive ring for the Polcom 670's

All;

I have over 100 Polycom 670's and I'm trying to get the phones setup such that the phones ring differently based on the caller or type of call. From what I've read, it seems to me that only phones that use the version 5 software such as the VVX phones support this feature. Is that correct? I know that there are other phone manufacturers out there (with much cheaper phones btw) that let you set the Alert-Info with a URL to a wav file. Any insight at all would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks;

Frank

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Polycom Employee & Community Manager

Re: Distinctive ring for the Polcom 670's

Hello Occasional Contributor,

welcome back to the Polycom Community.

As an Occasional Contributor to the Polycom community I would expect you to check the FAQ or Community Search first before posting.

It would also be great if any of my prior replies to your older posts => here <= could receive some acknowledgement as other community users could profit from your experience and find results quicker.

The community's VoIP FAQ contains this post here:

Oct 25, 2011 Question: How can I change my Ringtone or Ring in a special manner for a certain incoming call?

Resolution: Please check => here <=

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

<======== Signature / Disclaimer ========>
Please be aware:For questions about the type of support to expect please check here

Please also ensure you always check the VoIP , Video Endpoint , Skype for Business , PSTN or RPM FAQ's

Please remember, if you see a post that helped you , and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accept as Solution".

The title Polycom Employee & Community Manager is an automatic setting within the community and any forum reply or post is based upon my personal experience and does not reflect the opinion or view of my employer.
Poly employee participation within this community is not mandatory and any post or FAQ article provided by myself is done either during my working hours or outside working hours, in my private time, and maybe answered on weekends, bank holidays or personal holidays.
Message 2 of 4
Occasional Advisor

Hello;

Yes, I already read the FAQ entry "How can I change my Ringtone or Ring in a special manner for a certain incoming call?" located here: http://community.polycom.com/t5/VoIP/FAQ-How-can-I-change-my-Ringtone-or-Ring-in-a-special-manner-fo.... However, it is for UCS 5.2.0 which the 670 doesn't support. My question was did I miss anything and if it is possible to do this with the 670. Its not like I can simply replace 100+ 670 phones to support distinctive ring.

Thanks;

FSD

Message 3 of 4
Highlighted
Polycom Employee & Community Manager

Hello Occasional Contributor,

It helps people answering questions to state that provided references have already been checked as it avoids posting already known information.

In addition checking the UC Software 4.0.1 Admin Guide page 485 shows:

AdminGuide401.PNG
Simply test this with your SPIP670 running UC Software 4.0.11 as the latest supported will work.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

<======== Signature / Disclaimer ========>
Please be aware:For questions about the type of support to expect please check here

Please also ensure you always check the VoIP , Video Endpoint , Skype for Business , PSTN or RPM FAQ's

Please remember, if you see a post that helped you , and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accept as Solution".

The title Polycom Employee & Community Manager is an automatic setting within the community and any forum reply or post is based upon my personal experience and does not reflect the opinion or view of my employer.
Poly employee participation within this community is not mandatory and any post or FAQ article provided by myself is done either during my working hours or outside working hours, in my private time, and maybe answered on weekends, bank holidays or personal holidays.
Message 4 of 4