Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

I have not been able to find much information on the VVX D60 and how its provisioned.

Some docs say that it has to be paired with another VVX phone.

Is that only for provisioning, or does this mean that a D60 is useless without first purchasing a

deskphone for every DECT handset ?

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hello shahed100,

The Polycom D60 has not yet been officially released to my knowledge so all material will be available after the official launch.

You will need a compatible VVX phone to run the D60 base station of it.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

Hello shahed100,

The Polycom D60 has not yet been officially released to my knowledge so all material will be available after the official launch.

You will need a compatible VVX phone to run the D60 base station of it.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Hi,

how is the D60 deployment the other way round?

Do i need an individual base station per connected vvx phone or can one basestation serve mutiple VVX phones running one D60 handset per user?

cheers

udo

HP Recommended

Hello Udo,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

The VVX phone itself is the "master" and the D60 Base Station is the "slave"

Only one VVX can connect to a D60 at the time.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

HP Recommended

Hello Steffen,

thanks for the fast reponse.

Ressource- and budget-wise this is not the answer i'd hoped for. i was thinking along the line of a DECT basestation that can be deployed to handle multiple users at the same time. Maybe this is something for product management....

Nevertheless your reply fully answers my question.

Kind regards

Udo

HP Recommended

Udo,

You can pair multiple DECT handsets to one base station and then on the host VVX phone you can map particular lines to each registered handset. It does not give you multiple basestations but if your users are in the same general area it may meet your needs.

HP Recommended

Hello Udo,

Maybe I miss understood your question but was your question related to registering different lines to the Handset?

You can register lines to handset's that do not appear on the "Master" VVX. So if this is the case have a look => here <=

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.