Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Hello everyone,

I'm new to the Polycom environment having just deployed 17 IP650's along with an Asterisk setup.   All the extensions work fine for calling and receiving calls but when we try to access our voicemail the system is receiving double DTMF digits when the password is being entered.

Example, extension 202 dials in to voicemail, inputs 202 for the extension and then 202 for the password but the password seems to be received as 220022.     What should I look at as being the cause of the double digits being received by the Asterisk box ??? 

Any and all help would be greatly appreciated !

Thank you.

Richard

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hello Richard,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

You have most likely a trunk between Asterisk and an old style PABX or similar and somehow repeat the digit's or changed some settings on the Phone to send SIP Info and SIP inbound.

Factory reset a phone and only use minimal registration details and then try again or check your trunk settings.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Hello Steffen,

Thank you for your quick reply.  Here is what I have configured as far as my sip.conf on the Asterisk box. Do you see anything that jumps out at you ??

When I configured the phones yesterday I performed a factory reset, then added the SIP server information and account information.  Did not change any other options in the phones. They connec fine and can call out and receive calls just fine.  Only the double DTMF digits during voicemail calls.

[general]
context=default
allowguest=no
allowsubscribe=yes
notifyringing=yes
notifyhold=yes
limitonpeers=yes
call-counter=yes
counteronpeer=yes
qualify=yes
nat=no
dtmfmode=rfc2833
canreinvite=no

;
;TRUNK CONFIGS------------------------------------------
;

[orlcvr]
type=friend
host=XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX
secret=XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
context=inbound
nat=no
qualify=yes
insecure=port,invite
dtmfmode=rfc2833
directmedia=no
disallow=all
allow=ulaw

[cocoacvr]
type=friend
host=XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX
secret=XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
context=inbound
nat=no
qualify=yes
insecure=port,invite
dtmfmode=rfc2833
directmedia=no
disallow=all
allow=ulaw

HP Recommended

Hello Richard,

Please work with the Digium community as I am unable to help you with Asterisk related issues.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Hello Steffen

After further testing we've discovered that only the Polycom phones are affected in this manner.  It is not the Asterisk box that is the issue as we were able to perform the same test with another brand of VoIP telephone and the issue of double digits is not seen.

Also, if we call the Asterisk box from an external phone and dial the voicemail access the double digits are also not seen.  Only voicemail calls from the Polycom phones present themselves with double DTMF for the extension and password.

Is there a particular option on the Polycom phones that I should check ??    When we initially configured the phones, I performed a factory reset by pressing 4 6 8 * during the boot up process.  The only options that I changed after that were to configure the SIP server IP address as well as authentication user name and password.

I appreciate your assistance !

HP Recommended

Hello Richard,

the next step would be to take a wireshark trace via a spanned port and compare the Audio & signalling between a working phone and one of our Polycom phones.

You can then raise a Support ticket with Polycom support via your Polycom reseller.

EDIT:

Are you dialing the voicemail via Handsfree or on the handset ?

If handsfree you may want to check the admin guide for the tone.dtmf.chassis.masking Parameter

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.