Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Hello,

I've been trying to downgrade a few of our IP 6000s to an earlier firmware but can't seem to get the phone to find the downgrade files.

I'm using SolarWinds TFTP server to do this. I've copied the appropriate files to the TFTP root folder, set the provisioning server on the phone to my laptops IP address, but when the phone reboots nothing happens.

Some background on why I want to downgrade is because a few of the IP 6000s were purchased recently. The conferencing feature on them is not working correctly. To conference, you normally call line 1, push the conference softkey, call line 2, and press conference again. However, it looks as if line 2 is calling line 1. After comparing all the settings between a working 6000 and one that doesn't, the only thing I can think of is the firmware.

Thanks for any help or advice.

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

Hello @Revo13,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

It is always useful to include the currently used SIP or UC Software version as issues experienced or a question asked may already be addressed in a newer release.

This also allows yourself and others to check against current software release notes, Administrator Guides or FAQ post’s.

The above is also stated in the "Must Read First" and is the absolute minimum requirement every new post should include. .

In addition providing us with this basic information gives Polycom an idea what Software Versions are used in the field and avoids wasting time trying to troubleshoot issues which have already been addressed.

Therefore the Polycom VoIP FAQ contains this post here:

Question: How can I find out my SIP or UC Software Version of my Phone?
Resolution: Please check here

and

Jun 30, 2015 Question:What is the difference using the UC Software 4.0.0 for compatible SoundPoint or SoundStation IP Phones?

Resolution: Please always check the release Notes or

Software Version  Call Server
4.0.X SIP Only
4.1.X LYNC Only

and

Oct 7, 2011 Question: How can I setup my Phone / Provisioning / Download / Upgrade / Update / Downgrade Software?
Resolution: Please check => here <=

or

Jan 19, 2012 Question: How to troubleshoot Polycom VoIP related Issues?

Resolution: Please check => here <=

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Hello Steffen,

Thank you for the reply. From searching around the forum I can see that you're pretty active.

Currently, the troubled 6000s are running UC Software Version 4.0.1.13681. I downgraded them yesterday from 4.0.8.1972 using the web interface. However, the problem is completely different now. When I call line 1 from the conference phone that is fine. I put line 1 on hold to call line 2. With line 2 now on the line, I can press the Join softkey. The 6000 flashes "Active Conference" on its display but then hangs up. However, lines 1 and 2 have now been connected and can hear each other.

Our other IP 6000s that are working correctly are running UC Software Version 3.2.2.0477.  

HP Recommended

Hello @Revo13,

You should not need to downgrade but so far you have not yet explained what type of SIP server you are using.

We should work with most of them but please follow these Instructions here:

Oct 7, 2011 Question: Can I register or is my Polycom Phone compatible with a “XYZ” SIP Server?

Resolution: Please check => here <=

I already posted another FAQ on how to troubleshoot this using the logs.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Steffen,

Forgive me for I don't usually deal with much outside of pointing the phones to our phone service provider's provisioning server. When we receive new phones the only config change that I make is setting the provisioning server to their preferred address. This issue has been going on for months with our provider and they are insisting that it is a firmware issue. They have compared the configuration of all the phones to be exactly the same.

The phones were purchased from Amazon so I'm not sure how to go about contacting the reseller to open a case.

HP Recommended

Hello @Revo13,

In order to raise a support ticket you need to work with your Polycom reseller as they need to do this for you. End Customers are unable to open a ticket directly with Polycom support.

If this is some sort of an Internet discounter please post either your phone's MAC address or your Polycom devices serial so I can look up who would be able to support you. This may not be who you purchased the Polycom device from.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

HP Recommended

Steffen,

Here are the MAC Addresses of the 6000s in questions:

0004F207BAF6

0004F207BA02

0004F207BB29

0004F07750F

0004F2073976

Thanks,

HP Recommended

Hello @Revo13,

Veracomp Sa is the reseller of these units.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.