Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Hello,

I have a soundpoint ip 650 with an unknown boot ROM and i formatted the file system so now there is no more firmware on the phone. i am trying to get it to downgrade and i have all the files on the tftp server, so dont worry about that. now, all i need help with is to get the phone to connect to the dhcp server and the dhcp server to point the phone to the tftp. any help or suggestions. Please help as i need this fixed right away. Also, could you please explain in detail and reccommend any required software.

Thanks,

Ran Dom

Tech Solutions

Random INC

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hello Ran Dom,

my final reply in this matter as everything is outlined in my originally linked FAQ post.

Most likely your PC's firewall is blocking the FTP access from the outside.

This is mentioned in the linked linked post and only you can verify this on your end.

For any additional support questions please contact your Polycom reseller and/or Polycom support directly.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN

View solution in original post

13 REPLIES 13
HP Recommended

Hello Ran Dom,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

The community's VoIP FAQ contains this post here:

Oct 7, 2011 Question: How can I setup my Phone / Provisioning / Download / Upgrade / Update / Downgrade Software?
Resolution: Please check => here <=

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Hello, 

thanks so much for replying. I have read that page multiple times but i am unable to get my dhcp server to point the phone at the tftp server. can you please tell me what software you used in those screenshots on your post.BTW, i have download DHCPsrv v2.4 and am not able to accomplish anything

Thanks,

Ran Dom

Tech Solutions

Random INC.

HP Recommended

Hello Ran Dom,

its a Microsoft 2003 Server with their DHCP server.

You simply point your phone manually to a FTP or other server as a DHCP is not mandatory.

If all fails please work with your Polycom reseller and/or Polycom support.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

HP Recommended

OK. well il see if i can get microsoft server on an extra computer and tell you what happens.

HP Recommended

Hello,

as explained there is no need for a DHCP server. Set a fixed IP, setup a FTP server as explained and boot the phone.

If this is not possible or you are not able to follow the instructions please contact Polycom support.

You will be asked to pay PPI.

Other community members may want to take this opportunity to help you but if not please follow the suggested route.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

HP Recommended

Ok. Thanks i Just turned of the DHCP Client in the phone settings. I made a fixed ip that i chose. then i added the subnet mask 255.255.255.0 and i put 192.168.1.1 my router ip as the gateway ip. it still wont connect to the tftp server. I'll try using a FTP or FTPS server this time.

Thanks

HP Recommended

OK, im so sorry. i got locked out of my account. Now i went into ethernet menu and disabled DHCP Client. i assigned it a ip. now i am running Filezilla FTP on my computer. it is currently at 127.0.0.1 at port 21. On my phone i input FTP, 127.0.0.1, and my username and password. i put everything case sensitive. It still wont work. Do you think it is possible that maybe i have to input 127.0.0.1:21 as the server adress.

Thanks

HP Recommended

Hello Ran Dom,,

127.0.0.1 is not a valid IP address. This is the localhost as explained => here <=

Please find the real IP address of your PC via the command line ipconfig command or use a search engine for other ways to find this.

If this is not possible or you are not able to follow the instructions please contact Polycom support.

You will be asked to pay PPI.

Other community members may want to take this opportunity to help you but if not please follow the suggested route.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

HP Recommended

Thanks for the new info. i was very confused. So in my phone i put in the ip of the computer that the server is running on into the field server. Thanks. i am trying this right away. but i remember once the phone said that it was trying to find 127.0.0.1/sip.ld. one of the files required for the downgrade. I will try to get my phone to say 192.168.1.230/sip.ld. Maybe then my phone will downgrade.

Thanks

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.