Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Ok, I just got in some new SpIP650s, and they have really recent firmware (date given for them is August 24th, 2012). When I try to boot them up on my asterisk system they complain that the sip.cfg file has pre-3.3.0 references, and just reboot. Now, since I have older phones that aren't supported after 3.3.0, I kinda want to keep everything on the same page and downgrade. Figure, no problem. I check with the website, and there's a document with instructions on downgrading. I download what it says to, put it on my file server, plug the phones in, and they then complain that the firmware files are not compatible, followed by "Error! Application not present!" and reboots. I then try to use one of the several other firmware packs that I have that have files for the 650 (I always keep the old files on hand after an upgrade), and all have the same issue.

Now, what can be done? If I cannot downgrade these phones, they're pretty much useless to me. The company doesn't have it in the budget to replace the older phones, and we also do not want the expense of headache of a separate SIP server for just the new phones. That pretty much gives the options as some how downgrade these phones, or return the phones.

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

Hello Hellmark,

returning the phones seems a bit extreme.

Simply follow the advise on above link as shown on page 6.

You will need UCS 3.3.2 and the downgrader files unzipped on the Provisioning server you are pointing your phones to.

Once the phone is downgraded from UCS 4.x.x to UCS 3.3.2 you can then downgrade it further to any Version still using sip.cfg / phone1.cfg.

As the phones are brand new your Polycom reseller should assist you or raise a case for you with Polycom support in case you still struggle to do so.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

I have followed those steps, to the T, and it starts to download the UCS3.3.2 files, and reports that it is not compatible. I will attempt to download load again, incase of corruption.

Update: Yup, same as before. Keeps complaining that the files aren't compatible.

HP Recommended

Since I have followed the steps listed, but still cannot get these phones working, what can I do?

HP Recommended

Hello hellmark,

I had already provided you with the next step:

As the phones are brand new your Polycom reseller should assist you or raise a case for you with Polycom support in case you still struggle to do so.

If there is an issue in the field we need to capture this via a support ticket.

Usually checking the <mac>-boot.log should be sufficient to ensure why these phones are not downgrading.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

And they've been difficult to get a hold of. In the US, we've just had a major holiday, and many businesses have been closed for the week.

HP Recommended

Hello,

try these details below:

<Removed due server must not be used for external users>

Best regards

Steffen Baier

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.