Plantronics + Polycom. Now together as Poly Logo

Download language files for SPIP 550, 560 and 650

SOLVED
Occasional Advisor

Download language files for SPIP 550, 560 and 650

How do I find download Norwegian language files for my SPIP  550, 560 and 650 phones?

If I select Norwegian from the web interface and let is check from the Polycom Hosted Server, I get

"Failed to download language file."

Can I download the files myself and place them on my PBX/server?

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Polycom Employee & Community Manager

Re: Download language files for SPIP 550, 560 and 650

Hello Flips,

our Polycom hosted software simply hosts the software for the phones and nothing else.

If you require anything additionally like the language etc. you will need to download the firmware from the support site and place this on a local provisioning server.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

<======== Signature / Disclaimer ========>
Please be aware:For questions about the type of support to expect please check here

Please also ensure you always check the VoIP , Video Endpoint , Skype for Business , PSTN or RPM FAQ's

Please remember, if you see a post that helped you , and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accept as Solution".

The title Polycom Employee & Community Manager is an automatic setting within the community and any forum reply or post is based upon my personal experience and does not reflect the opinion or view of my employer.
Poly employee participation within this community is not mandatory and any post or FAQ article provided by myself is done either during my working hours or outside working hours, in my private time, and maybe answered on weekends, bank holidays or personal holidays.
Message 2 of 5
Highlighted
Occasional Advisor

That's what I assumed, so ... no link to where I actually find the language files there?

Message 3 of 5
Polycom Employee & Community Manager

Hello Flips,

The Polycom support page => here <= holds the various versions of our Software.

Once you download the ZIPPED file matching your software version and unzip the File it will include the languages Sub Directory which will contain the Website_dictionary_language files matching the supported Languages.

The VVXLocalization sub directory contains the phones supported GUI languages.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

<======== Signature / Disclaimer ========>
Please be aware:For questions about the type of support to expect please check here

Please also ensure you always check the VoIP , Video Endpoint , Skype for Business , PSTN or RPM FAQ's

Please remember, if you see a post that helped you , and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accept as Solution".

The title Polycom Employee & Community Manager is an automatic setting within the community and any forum reply or post is based upon my personal experience and does not reflect the opinion or view of my employer.
Poly employee participation within this community is not mandatory and any post or FAQ article provided by myself is done either during my working hours or outside working hours, in my private time, and maybe answered on weekends, bank holidays or personal holidays.
Message 4 of 5
Occasional Advisor

Thanks! :)

Message 5 of 5