Plantronics + Polycom. Now together as Poly Logo

Duplicate IP SoundPoint 321

Occasional Visitor

Duplicate IP SoundPoint 321

Hey All,

I have DHCP enabled on a polycom 321 and it keeps reporting a duplicate IP address. DHCP is run by a sonic wall (with a recent firmware update). No other devices (printers, computers, etc) on the network are having this issue. If I manually set all the DCHP information the phone works fine.

Phones are running BootROM 4.3.1, BootBlock 2.8.1. This happens with multiple phones.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Polycom Employee & Community Manager

Re: Duplicate IP SoundPoint 321

Hello iloveitaly,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

I would suggest to do a wireshark trace when the phone boots via DHCP as the Phone will probe the DHCP Server / Network for the given address and should show you that there is something in the network with this address already.

I am not aware of a Firmware Bug or anything at present causing this to happen.

Best regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

<======== Signature / Disclaimer ========>
Please be aware:For questions about the type of support to expect please check here

Please also ensure you always check the VoIP , Video Endpoint , Skype for Business , PSTN or RPM FAQ's

Please remember, if you see a post that helped you , and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accept as Solution".

The title Polycom Employee & Community Manager is an automatic setting within the community and any forum reply or post is based upon my personal experience and does not reflect the opinion or view of my employer.
Poly employee participation within this community is not mandatory and any post or FAQ article provided by myself is done either during my working hours or outside working hours, in my private time, and maybe answered on weekends, bank holidays or personal holidays.
Message 2 of 3
Occasional Visitor

Re: Duplicate IP SoundPoint 321

Did you get this sorted in the end? I have just come up against it.

Message 3 of 3