Plantronics + Polycom. Now together as Poly Logo

EAPoL Logoff

SteveH-NE
Occasional Contributor

EAPoL Logoff

Hi Steffen,

I have a further question on the VVX range if your able to answer it - Do they support "proxy EAPoL-Logoff".  This essentialy sends a message to the switch when a PC connected via the phone is disconnected (as far as the switch is concerned the port is still up/up as the phone maintains the connection obviously).

Thanks

Steve

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
SteffenBaierUK
Polycom Employee & Community Manager

Re: EAPoL Logoff

Hello Steve,

Have a look at the <dot1x><eapollogoff/> section in the VVX UCS Admin Guide.

Example:

sec.dot1x.eapollogoff.enabled

• If 0, the phone will not send an EAPOL Logoff message on behalf of the disconnected supplicant.

• If 1, the feature is enabled and the phone will send an EAPOL Logoff message on behalf of the disconnected supplicant connected to the phone’s secondary (PC) port.

As a standard this settings is turned off.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

----------------
The title Poly Employee & Community Manager is a community setting and does not reflect my role. I am just a simple volunteer in the community like everybody else. All posts and words are my own & do not represent the views of Employer.

----------------

Notice: This community forum is not an official Poly support resource, thus responses from Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge. If you need immediate and/or official assistance please open a service ticket through your proper support channels.
Please also ensure you always check the VoIP , Video Endpoint , Skype for Business , PSTN or RPM FAQ's
Message 2 of 2