Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

I'm trying to setup the soft keys in a particular way for a client. They don't want any redundant keys , so I've disabled those. The only soft buttons they want are (when idle) Forward, MyStat (which they want to display as "away", and that's it.) When they are on a call, all they want is transfer to VM.

Is it possible to change what's displayed on the softkey? This isn't my strong suit, but I've been forced to take over this role. Below is what I have in the config file. Any advice would be appreciated.

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" standalone="yes"?>
<!-- Generated features.cfg Configuration File -->
<polycomConfig>
  <feature feature.enhancedFeatureKeys.enabled="1"

feature.urlDialing.enabled="0"></feature>
 <efk>
      <version efk.version="2" />
      <efklist
        efk.efklist.1.mname="intercom1"
        efk.efklist.1.label="Intercom"
        efk.efklist.1.status="0"
        efk.efklist.1.action.string="$P1N4$$Tinvite$"
        efk.efklist.2.mname="xfervm1"
        efk.efklist.2.label="Transfer To Voicemail"
        efk.efklist.2.status="1"
        efk.efklist.2.action.string="0$P2N4$$Trefer$"
        efk.efklist.3.mname="grppage1"
        efk.efklist.3.label="Group Page"
        efk.efklist.3.status="0"
        efk.efklist.3.action.string="*77$P3N2$$Tinvite$"
        efk.efklist.4.mname="blndxfer1"
        efk.efklist.4.label="Blind Transfer"
        efk.efklist.4.status="0"
        efk.efklist.4.action.string="$P1N4$$Trefer$"
      />
      <efkprompt
        efk.efkprompt.1.status="1"
        efk.efkprompt.1.label="Extension: "
        efk.efkprompt.1.userfeedback="visible"
        efk.efkprompt.1.type="numeric"
        efk.efkprompt.2.status="1"
        efk.efkprompt.2.label="Mail Box: "
        efk.efkprompt.2.userfeedback="visible"
        efk.efkprompt.2.type="numeric"
        efk.efkprompt.3.status="1"
        efk.efkprompt.3.label="Page Group: "
        efk.efkprompt.3.userfeedback="visible"
        efk.efkprompt.3.type="numeric"
      />
   </efk>
   <softkey
     softkey.1.label="Xfer2VM"
     softkey.1.action="!xfervm1"
     softkey.1.enable="1"
     softkey.1.precede="0"
     softkey.1.use.idle="0"
     softkey.1.use.active="1"
     softkey.1.use.alerting=""
     softkey.1.use.dialtone=""
     softkey.1.use.proceeding=""
     softkey.1.use.setup=""
     softkey.1.use.hold=""
     softkey.3.label="Intercom"
     softkey.3.action="!intercom1"
     softkey.3.enable="0"
     softkey.3.precede="0"
     softkey.3.use.idle="0"
     softkey.3.use.active="0"
     softkey.3.use.alerting="0"
     softkey.3.use.dialtone="0"
     softkey.3.use.proceeding=""
     softkey.3.use.setup=""
     softkey.3.use.hold="0"
     softkey.4.label="Grp Page"
     softkey.4.action="!grppage1"
     softkey.4.enable="0"
     softkey.4.precede="0"
     softkey.4.use.idle="0"
     softkey.4.use.active="0"
     softkey.4.use.alerting="0"
     softkey.4.use.dialtone="0"
     softkey.4.use.proceeding=""
     softkey.4.use.setup=""
     softkey.4.use.hold="0"
     softkey.5.label="BlindXfer"
     softkey.5.action="!blndxfer1"
     softkey.5.enable="0"
     softkey.5.precede="0"
     softkey.5.use.idle="0"
     softkey.5.use.active="0"
     softkey.5.use.alerting=""
     softkey.5.use.dialtone=""
     softkey.5.use.proceeding=""
     softkey.5.use.setup=""
     softkey.5.use.hold="0"
     softkey.feature.newcall="0"
     softkey.feature.endcall="0"
     softkey.feature.split="1"
     softkey.feature.join="1"
     softkey.feature.forward="1"
     softkey.feature.directories=""
     softkey.feature.callers=""
     softkey.feature.mystat="1"
     softkey.feature.buddies=""
     softkey.feature.basicCallManagement.redundant="0"
   />

The underlined item is the one I'm having trouble with. I've changed it to every way possible, and I can't get it to change on the phone. Please advise!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hello gpayne,

most likely, as I did not test this, disable the mystatus softket and add a efk with:

softkey.x.action="$FMyStatus$" softkey.x.label="Away"

some examples are in the FAQ here:

Nov 25, 2011 Question: How can I change the functionality of a softkey button?

Resolution: Please check => here <=

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hello gpayne,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

It is always useful to post the current software version as some features may not even be available on certain versions.

In addition the My Status / Buddies is only visible if:

feature.presence.enabled

there may be other parameters to consider but please follow up the Admin Guide matching you software release.

If you provide further support please follow the advise in my signature.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Hey Steffan,

The current software is:

UC Software Version     4.0.3.7562
BootROM Software Version     5.0.3.1667

Presence monitoring is enabled through the online PBX. I'm not sure if it helps, or changes anything, but this is a hosted PBX through a third party. I'm logging in the phones web portal, and uploading each configuration individually.

I've tested it on my own device (all are IP 550's), and I have all the buttons functioning properly, but I can't change the display of "MyStat". Is this possible?

HP Recommended

Hello gpayne,

in order for the MyStat button to appear you need to activate the below parameter on the phone.

This should not have anything to do with your server but I am not fully sure what are you trying to archive or what is not working.

We as Polycom employees do not provide free support so you need to follow up as mentioned above and in my signature.

Other members may comment.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

HP Recommended

I'm sorry Steffen,

I didn't think this is an issue for Polycom Support. I don't think I was being very clear either. We have presence monitoring enabled on the device, and it also has to be enabled through the PBX, which it is. What I'm trying to do, is change what the MyStat button says. I want the button and it's functions to remain the same, but my client thinks it will confuse their staff because they think it's short for statistics, i.e. call statistics and things like that. The client thinks it would be easier to rename the button "away", because that's all his staff will be using it for, and wants to avoid any confusion. In essence, I want to edit the name of the button, and leave everything else the same. Is this possible?

HP Recommended

Hello gpayne,

most likely, as I did not test this, disable the mystatus softket and add a efk with:

softkey.x.action="$FMyStatus$" softkey.x.label="Away"

some examples are in the FAQ here:

Nov 25, 2011 Question: How can I change the functionality of a softkey button?

Resolution: Please check => here <=

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.