Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Hello,

I have search the internet for weeks trying to get soft buttons set up on my phones but I have not had much luck I was hoping that you guys can help.

I have used this code as an example just to try and get a result.

Any help would be appreciated.

http://community.polycom.com/t5/VoIP/FAQ-Using-Enhanced-Feature-Keys-EFK-macros-to-change-softkey/td...

I placed this code in /tftpboot/sip.cfg

<feature>
    <feature.enhancedFeatureKeys feature.enhancedFeatureKeys.enabled="1"></feature.enhancedFeatureKeys>
  </feature>
  <softkeyoff>
  <softkey softkey.feature.newcall="0" softkey.feature.forward="0"/>
  </softkeyoff>
  <softkey2>
  <softkey softkey.1.action="$FDivert$$FSelect$$FSoftKey2$" softkey.1.enable="1" softkey.1.label="Forward" softkey.1.use.idle="1" />
  </softkey2>
  <softkey3>
  <softkey softkey.2.action="8500$Tinvite$$Cwaitconnect$$Cpause4$3001$Tdtmf$$Cpause4$0000$Tdtmf$" softkey.2.enable="1" softkey.2.label="VM" softkey.2.use.id$
  </softkey3>
  <divertcontact>
  <divert divert.1.contact="8500"/>
  </divertcontact>

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hello eyexer0,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

We usually request all users to provides us with the Software Version that is currently running.

Above FAQ Post clearly states:

Please be aware that limited functionality on certain Platforms may occur if an older Version like SIP 3.2.x or older is used.

and

NOTE: Below has been tested against UCS 3.3.3!

Assuming by the fact that you are still using a sip.cfg I can only advise to check your Admin Guide for:

<feature feature.18.name="enhanced-feature-keys" feature.18.enabled="1"/>

It may be slightely different depending on your SIP Version.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Hello Steffen,

I apologize for the lack of information.

I am running the following:

Server: Asterisk 1.8.11.0

Phone: IP 550

Firmware: 3.3.33

So I should add the following line that you provided to my sip.cfg:

<feature feature.18.name="enhanced-feature-keys" feature.18.enabled="1"/>

and then create a file called softkeys.cfg and add the following to it:

<feature>
    <feature.enhancedFeatureKeys feature.enhancedFeatureKeys.enabled="1"></feature.enhancedFeatureKeys>
  </feature>
  <softkeyoff>
  <softkey softkey.feature.newcall="0" softkey.feature.forward="0"/>
  </softkeyoff>
  <softkey2>
  <softkey softkey.1.action="$FDivert$$FSelect$$FSoftKey2$" softkey.1.enable="1" softkey.1.label="Forward" softkey.1.use.idle="1" />
  </softkey2>
  <softkey3>
  <softkey softkey.2.action="8500$Tinvite$$Cwaitconnect$$Cpause4$3001$Tdtmf$$Cpause4$0000$Tdtmf$" softkey.2.enable="1" softkey.2.label="VM" softkey.2.use.id$
  </softkey3>
  <divertcontact>
  <divert divert.1.contact="8500"/>
  </divertcontact>

Once I have created that I should then edit my (mac).cfg

and set my CONFIG_FILES line to look like this:

CONFIG_FILES="0004f23b631a_reg.cfg, sip.cfg, softkeys.cfg"

Am I headed in the right direciton?

HP Recommended

Hello,

UCS 3.3.x / UCS 4.x.x will utilize the feature.enhancedFeatureKeys.enabled="1"

SIP 3.2.x or older will utilize something like feature.18.name="enhanced-feature-keys" feature.18.enabled="1"

(depending on the SIP Version -> Check the Admin guide)

I can only suggest to check the Log File on the Provisioning Server if there are any errors.

UCS 4.0.2 Rev B will have enhanced troubleshooting possibilitys.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.