Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Regarding UCS 5.7.3 Rev D.  on a VVX 410.

I would like to make an EFK that presses the transfer button, dials the extension to transfer to, waits 2 seconds (as an attended transfer), then presses the transfer button again to complete the transfer.  I figured this should be a simple macro to create, but I can't seem to get it to work.  It seems that the software doesn't process the macro sequentially, but in some unknown order to me.  The macro I'm trying to use is:

$FTransfer$4700$Cpause2$$FTransfer$

The result when pressing the button I created is:

• The active call is put on hold
  • The transfer window comes up
  • Nothing happens after that until I press cancel
  • When I disconnect the live call, 2 seconds later when the phone is idle it will automatically dial 4700

I've looked at the UCS 4.1.0 guide on page 196, where it gives the example macro:

$Changup$*444*$P1N4$$Tinvite$$Cwaitconnect$$P2N3$$Cpause2$$Tdtmf$$Changup$

and it describes the order in which it is processed, but there is no explainitaion of the logic of what happens it what order, and the result the document says will occur with this string is incomprehensible to me.

Looking at => This <= page it is unclear what is meant by "order it displays."  Can Polycom offer any clarity about my macro syntax, and provide documentation about the order in which a macro is processed?

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

I just found =>this<= page that is trying to do something similar, and his option 2 in the second to last post worked for me, but I agree that it's hackish and there should be a better way to do this.  Hopefully someone will still answer the original question.  I'm curious as to why

$Ftransfer$4700

works to transfer the call as an attended transfer, but once I add anything after that the macro freezes up at the transfer window.  Or, in other words, how do I direct specific digits to a specific part of the macro?

HP Recommended

I still want a solution, but for all of you out there looking for a park softkey that works with Asterisk to read back the parking space and hang up, this macro action works smoothly for me:

$FTransfer$700$Tinvite$$Cwc$$Cp4$$Ftransfer$

So adding this to your config file will do the trick:

feature.enhancedFeatureKeys.enabled="1"
softkey.1.action="$FTransfer$700$Tinvite$$Cwc$$Cp4$$Ftransfer$"
softkey.1.enable="1"
softkey.1.label="Park"
softkey.1.use.active="1"
HP Recommended

Hello @yois,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

Please ensure you always check the FAQ's and/or utilize the community search before posting any new topics or follow up post’s.

Nov 25, 2011 Question: How can I change the functionality of a softkey button / use EFK?

Resolution: Please check => here <=

The above clearly states:

Custom soft keys can be added in the following call states:

• Idle There are no active calls.

• Active This state starts when a call is connected. It stops when the call stops or changes to another state (like hold or dial tone).

• Alerting (or ringing or incoming proceeding) The phone is ringing.

• Dial tone You can hear a dial tone.

• Proceeding (or outgoing proceeding) This state starts when the phone sends a request to the network. It stops when the call is connected.

• Setup This state starts when the user starts keying in a phone number. This state ends when the Proceeding state starts.

• Hold The call is put on hold locally.

The current design does not allow an EFK in the following state:

• Transfer
  • Conference

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Our staff were used to Avaya's Call Park functionality where they could park a call to a bay/button and that would flash on all handsets. This was actually useful but can't be replicated with Polycom/Broadsoft unfortunately.

To mimick that, I've modified the default Park/Retrieve options to behave as a company-wide single park "bay" where anyone can park or retireve a call from.

softkey.5.action="*88$Tinvite$$Cwaitconnect$$Cpause1$8000#$Tdtmf$"
softkey.7.action="*68$Tinvite$$Cwaitconnect$$Cpause1$8000#$Tdtmf$" 
softkey.5.enable="1"
softkey.7.enable="1"
softkey.5.label="Retrieve"
softkey.7.label="Park"
softkey.5.use.active="0"
softkey.7.use.active="1"
softkey.5.use.dialtone="1"
softkey.7.use.dialtone="0"

This replaces the default Park function which works only for a specific extension (ie press Park then enter the extension to park against; press Retrieve then enter the extension where the call was parked).

My macro simply parks the calls against a single extension for everyone (in this case the Reception).

This dials *68 (system's Park), waits one second then dials extension 8000 foloowed by #

To retrieve it dials *88 (system's Retrieve), waits one second then dials extension 8000 foloowed by #

Hope this helps as a potential different approach to your problem

HP Recommended

Hello @cipnt,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

Have you yet looked at UC Software 5.9.0 ?

A new parameter attendant.callAction="Park" was added to archive 1 Button Park / Retrieve when using a Broadsoft server.

I suggest you check the Release Notes and / or this post => here <=

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

That sounds useful though not the same as Avaya's implementation as described above.

Based on what I read here it's just a different behaviour for the Busy Lamp Field buttons, but the parking is still achieved against an extention that the user choses.

So sounds to me like it's the same softkey.x.action="!park" but through a BLF button.

I've been playing with 5.9 a little bit on a test device but unfortunately we can't upgrade everyone as we'd loose support from our provider.

HP Recommended

Hello @cipnt,

no in this case the BLF resource is used to park a call towards the BLF extension. There is a difference between a short and a long press and the combination of what is set in attendant.callAction and what state the Monitored Extension and the Monitoring Extension is in.

For more details I suggest you open a ticket.

In order to raise a support ticket you need to work with your Polycom reseller as they need to do this for you.

End Customers are unable to open a ticket directly with Polycom support.

If this is some sort of an Internet discounter providing your MAC address or your Polycom devices serial will enable us to look up who would be able to support you. This may not be who you purchased the Polycom device from.

If the unit is no longer within warranty please be prepared to Pay Per Incident / PPI. This is all outlined in detail here

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.