Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Hello,

I'm using a VVX600 device, with a version of: 5.7.0.18267

I'd like to know if it is possible to configure a softkey to send data to a server during an active call.

I coudn't find any EFK macros to create this.

I see that a browser based application is able send/push/poll data from the device, so the capability is definately there, but I am not able to match it up with the EFK macros.

Could you guys help me plese?

Thanks,

Peter

10 REPLIES 10
HP Recommended

Hello @HPeti,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

The community's VoIP FAQ contains this post here:

Nov 25, 2011 Question: How can I change the functionality of a softkey button / use EFK?

Resolution: Please check => here <=

The example "Create a Softkey to Open a Web Site "

It would be helpful if you provide some more information what you are trying to archive.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Hi,

I want to send call details like 'CallingPartyNumber', 'CallingPartyName', to a webserver when I push te softkey dorung an active (ongoing) conversation.

HP Recommended

Hello @HPeti,

The possible EFK macro's are described in the above post.

There is no way to send what you are after as no Macro exists.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Hi,

Is there a way to do this somehow in another way, to show a button to perform this action. In the web developers guide - if I understand it well - there is a way to perform this for browser based applications on the phone

HP Recommended

Hello @HPeti,

The community's VoIP FAQ contains this post here:

Nov 24, 2014 Question:Can the Phone send Telephony Event Notifications?

Resolution: Please check => here <=

Why not use the above instead ?

It sends a XML formatted message to a server listening to the IP/Port specified.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

HP Recommended

Hi,

I can't use it because the event that triggers the data sending is not it the list, because the user decides if he/she wants to perform the action or not - during the call.

HP Recommended

Hello @HPeti,

next step is a feature request

Jan 03, 2013 Question: How can I request a change to the current Polycom SIP / UC Software?

Resolution: Please check => here <=

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

HP Recommended

Thanks @SteffenBaierUK,

I'll try do describe what I am trying to achieve. Can you please tell me if this is possible wihtout a feature request or not? If possible, can you please give me help on that?

The problem:

The main goal is that we want to record the conversations, but only if the user flags it. So basically  during a call, the user have to send a requst to the server to record the conversation. But in order to do so, we have to send some parameters to be able to identify the ongoing calls ( The parameters should some call details). In addition we might want to show the call details for the user before the record confirmation.

So is this possible at current state of UC?

Thanks for your help in advance!

Peter

HP Recommended

Hello @HPeti,

The details you most likely require are not available to the EFK functionality.

Your special case would require quite considerable engineering resources so I doubt, unless you are a major account, that this will be implemented.

You can try and use a fixed URL as an EFK in combination with the PUSH / POLL functionality already outlined and let your application sort this.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.