Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

I have been working through all the information on this board and in other places and have basic efks working, however I can't seem to figure out the syntax to have a softkey automatically add a dialed extension as a conference number.

Basic jist is that I have an extention set up in asterisk that will play a recording.  I need to have my staff play this recording to a customer.  It works well enough to conference the extension in and it starts playing, but i want to make it easier for my staff.

I have tried the following code but it doesn't do anything:

<softkey3>
<softkey softkey.2.action="!fastreq" softkey.2.enable="1" softkey.2.label="REQS" softkey.2.use.active="1" />
</softkey3>
<efk>
<version efk.version="2" />
<efklist
efk.efklist.4.mname="fastreq"
efk.efklist.4.label="REQS"
efk.efklist.4.status="1"
efk.efklist.4.action.string="$FConferenceCall$*38$FConferenceCall$"
/>
<efkprompt
efk.efkprompt.1.status="1"
efk.efkprompt.1.label="To: "
efk.efkprompt.1.userfeedback="visible"
efk.efkprompt.1.type="numeric"
/>
</efk>

The key shows up when on a call as REQS but when I press it nothing happens and nothing shows up in the log.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Just for the sake of sanity...

This is what ended up making it work:

<softkey softkey.2.action="$FConference$*38$Tinvite$$FJoin$" softkey.2.enable="1" softkey.2.label="REQS" softkey.2.use.active="1" />

IN looking at the UCS 3.3.0 administrators guide, it was a little misleading to me, making me think that the internal function command was "$FConferenceCall$" but it's really "$FConference$" which makes a whole lot more sense.

Thanks for the patience.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

Hello skymarshal,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

I would suggest you check this FAQ post => here <=

I have not really looked at your example in detail as I described it in above post more then well enough but a quick look suggest that you are simply missing the invite and the pause.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

At your suggestion I have the following code in there now:

<efk>
      <version efk.version="2" />
      <efklist
        efk.efklist.4.mname="fastreq"
        efk.efklist.4.label="REQS"
        efk.efklist.4.status="1"
        efk.efklist.4.action.string="$FConferenceCall$*38$Tinvite$$Cpause4$$FConferenceCall$"
      />
      <efkprompt
        efk.efkprompt.1.status="1"
        efk.efkprompt.1.label="To: "
        efk.efkprompt.1.userfeedback="visible"
        efk.efkprompt.1.type="numeric"
      />
   </efk>

This still does absolutely nothing.  I have extensively been over the FAQ that you mentioned as well as the administration guide.  I have wracked my brain on this for like, 4 hours.  Nothing I do can seem to get the conference function to do anything.  I press the softbutton on the phone and 0 happens and 0 logs.

This has to be doable?  Is there a more extensive book or reference to programing these EFKs?

HP Recommended

Hello,

you have not even posted your Software Version yet so it may just be an incompatibility.

In addition, have you activate:

<feature>
    <feature.enhancedFeatureKeys feature.enhancedFeatureKeys.enabled="1"></feature.enhancedFeatureKeys>
  </feature>

as you have not posted this Information either.

How about copying my code 1x1 and then experimenting with it?

If everything fails work via your Polycom Reseller or Polycom Support directly (PPI may occur)

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Sorry, I am using 3.3.0.

I copied your code directly from the FAQ mentioned and it works.  I also used similar code to do a blind transfer button and that worked just fine as well.

My polycom reseller is amazon, so that's not going to help.  If my only option is to call polycom support then that's what I will do.  I just need to know that it's my only option.

Just thought I would come here to try and get some community support, I feel like it's a somewhat hostile environment though....

Edit to add:

YesI have included the below code and in general i can make softkey changes, but conferencing isn't doing what I would expect based on the documentation.

<feature>
    <feature.enhancedFeatureKeys feature.enhancedFeatureKeys.enabled="1"></feature.enhancedFeatureKeys>
  </feature>
HP Recommended

Hi,

nothing hostile here and every other community member is welcome to chip in and answer / help but the community is not a replacement for the Polycom Support process.

I am a Tier 3 Escalation Engineer and do this moderating in my spare time.

Best regards

Steffen Baier

HP Recommended

Just for the sake of sanity...

This is what ended up making it work:

<softkey softkey.2.action="$FConference$*38$Tinvite$$FJoin$" softkey.2.enable="1" softkey.2.label="REQS" softkey.2.use.active="1" />

IN looking at the UCS 3.3.0 administrators guide, it was a little misleading to me, making me think that the internal function command was "$FConferenceCall$" but it's really "$FConference$" which makes a whole lot more sense.

Thanks for the patience.

HP Recommended

Hello Skymarshal,

just to clarify this as I followed up with our Engineering Team.

The LABEL column in the Admin Guide is the actual EFK Function

The FUNCTION column describes the functionality of the Internal Key Function.

Best regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.