Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Hello,

We are using VVX 400, VVX300 (on 4.1.7 firmware) and SPIP 331s (on 4.0.1 firmware) (through a Broadworks based hosted product) to call out to an overhead paging system.  Most of the pages are made near speakers for the overhead system.  There is a bit  of a delay in the system which translates to extremely bad echo when making the pages.  The previous system which we replaced had no issues with cancelling out the speaker audio thus no echo transmission.

Are there any suggestions for config/setting changes available to mitigate this echo?  I understand that there are echo suppression/cancellation settings but I've understood that these should be enabled by default:(voice.aec.hs.enable="1", voice.aes.hs.enable="1", etc)  

They are not part of the device specific config files that are added for each model.  I am looking for any help, even if it means we set up a "paging only" phone with very one sided settings that may impact usual calling.  

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Have you consulted your provider regarding this? He might be able to see what the problem is.

HP Recommended

Thanks for the advice but we are the provider in this case.  We replaced a traditional onsite PBX with a Hosted solution.  Because the previous system allowed calling into the paging system from the phones we inserted a SIP ATA to an analog handoff into the paging system.  We're looking at every link in the chain for improvements for the echo though we have no control once the audio is handed off to the paging device.  That's were I was hoping there may be some additional setting changes on the Polycoms to combat the re-transmission of the speaker audio back out the phones during announcements.  Maybe a setting that extends out the tail of the where echo cancellation/suppression processing captures and rejects that audio.

HP Recommended

We were able to correct the problem by reducing the delay enough to allow the default echo cancelation within the Polycoms to correct the speaker driven audio. 

HP Recommended

How did you reduce delay ?

HP Recommended

I seem to be having the same problem, how were you able to reduce the delay?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.