Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Hi one of our clients is experiencing echo problems with their calls.

They here themselves in echo.

The person they are calling or receiving call from does ot hear any echo.

And the echo they hear is not from that person also.

Here is what I mean

VVX (caller) -> Callee

CALLER SIDE

Hears an echo from them (caller)

Does not hear echo from callee

CALLE SIDE

No echo at all

Same behavior is noticed if it's an incoming call.

We are runing those phones on the latest firmware and using FreePBX.

Our line are POTS with Sangoma VEGA50.

We tried with the Sangoma NetBorder Express solutions and Patton SN4114 and we are experiencing the same problem.

We really need help to figure this one.

Thanks

Francois Collerette

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hello Francois Collerette,

welcome back to the Polycom Community.

Did you ever find a resolution for your initial post => here <= ?

It is always useful to include the currently used SIP or UC Software version as issues experienced may already be addressed in a newer release.

We the community are unable to know what you mean by latest as this depends on when you posted this query and whatever the SIP PABX maintainers believe is the latest software.

The above may not be true to a Polycom released version.

The above is also stated in the "Read First: Welcome to the Polycom VoIP Forum"

Therefore the Polycom VoIP FAQ contains this post here:

Question: How can I find out my SIP UC Software Version or the BootROM Version of my Phone?
Resolution: Please check here

In regards to echo, the way you describe it the far end is causing it.

You may want to use Google to better understand the root cause as searched => here <= or check this Polycom Document => here <=

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Actually we have a tech fomr the phone company that did a line check ...  sems their is some problems on that side.

We will let them do their tests for now and repost if it continues.

Thanks for your help.

HP Recommended

Hi Francois, bonjour François.

Did you found your issue about echo with VVX410 ?
We are experiencing the same issue with VVX410 for the first 2 seconds on a incoming call. Our customer listen echo from her phone (her own voice) for 2 seconds and sometime, more longer.

You can reply in french if you spoke french.

Thank you in advance.

Sylvain

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.