Plantronics + Polycom. Now together as Poly Logo

Enable Web Server VVX 500

DarrylJR
Occasional Visitor

Enable Web Server VVX 500

When I try going to the web page for the IP address of a VVX 500 phone to configure it, I get a message from the web browser "the connection was reset".  I do not get a login prompt.

Does the built-in web server for the web configuration utility have to be enabled or is there an access control list that is allowing only certain IP addresses to connect?  If so, how can I enable the web server or configure the access control list from the phone?  I do not see anything in the Basic or Advanced Settings.

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
DarrylJR
Occasional Visitor

Re: Enable Web Server VVX 500

Forgot to include

Bootrom version: 5.0.2.13236

SIP version: 4.0.2

Message 2 of 3
SteffenBaierUK
Polycom Employee & Community Manager

Re: Enable Web Server VVX 500

Hello Darry,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

Not knowing who provisioned the phone it could be as simple as the provider having disabled the web interface.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

----------------
The title Poly Employee & Community Manager is a community setting and does not reflect my role. I am just a simple volunteer in the community like everybody else. All posts and words are my own & do not represent the views of Employer.

----------------

Notice: This community forum is not an official Poly support resource, thus responses from Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge. If you need immediate and/or official assistance please open a service ticket through your proper support channels.
Please also ensure you always check the VoIP , Video Endpoint , Skype for Business , PSTN or RPM FAQ's
Message 3 of 3