Plantronics + Polycom. Now together as Poly Logo

Expires overlap not working

Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

Expires overlap not working

My device (vvx 500 - 5.2.2) is subscribing with expires=3600, but the server overrides the value with 180 (3 min). The device does not set voIpProt.server.x.expires.overlap, so it should default to 60 seconds.

The behaviour I am seeing is that the subscription expires after 3 minutes - as expected, however the device does not try to subscribe again until 4 minutes after that. I expect it to try at the 2 minute mark.

What could be the possible cause?

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Polycom Employee & Community Manager

Re: Expires overlap not working

Hello Employee#1,

welcome back to the Polycom Community.

As already told in => this <= post please use a currently supported version.

In addition did you raise this with your Polycom reseller as suggested?

For your new issue I would need to understand your issue but for me as a Polycom employee this is outside the scope of free support we offer here:

• Please provide a backup of your configuration once updated to a currently supported version
  • A Wireshark trace from booting up the phone

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

----------------
The title Polycom Employee & Community Manager is a community setting and does not reflect my role. I am just a simple volunteer in the community like everybody else. My official "day" Job is 3rd Level support at Poly but I am unable to provide official support via the community.

----------------

Notice: This community forum is not an official Poly support resource, thus responses from Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge. If you need immediate and/or official assistance please open a service ticket through your proper support channels.
Please also ensure you always check the VoIP , Video Endpoint , Skype for Business , PSTN or RPM FAQ's
Message 2 of 3
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

Re: Expires overlap not working

Yes, we raised the question, but found a resolution prior to getting a response. I will go back and add the solution to original post. 

I've tested this issue on a phone running 5.5.1 and found that it had similar behavior. 

Message 3 of 3