Plantronics + Polycom. Now together as Poly Logo

[FAQ] Change the Polycom pre-translated Language on Polycom Phones

Highlighted
Polycom Employee & Community Manager

[FAQ] Change the Polycom pre-translated Language on Polycom Phones

In certain situations it may be preferable to change the Polycom pre-translated strings into a shorter abbreviation or a clearer / different translation.

• Download the complete software package from => here <=

• Unpack the downloaded file

• Browse to the \VVXLocalization\ Sub Directory

• Chose the language in question for example German within the \German_Germany\ Sub Directory

• Open the VVX-dictionary.xml File with an XML conform Editor (Notepad++ as an example)

• Identify the relevant phrase and change the phrase to a more suitable translation or abbreviation.
    GermanyVVXLocalization.png
  • Substitution like explained  => here <= can be utilized in order to determine specific phone models and the limitation that may come with their display size.
    The example in the above screenshot would shorten the phrase on a VVX101 and VVX201

The now updated file can be placed onto the Provisioning Server overwriting the existing file. The same would be applicable for a Polycom Trio via USB Stick provisioning as shown => here <=

<======== Signature / Disclaimer ========>
Please be aware:For questions about the type of support to expect please check here

Please also ensure you always check the VoIP , Video Endpoint , Skype for Business , PSTN or RPM FAQ's

Please remember, if you see a post that helped you , and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accept as Solution".

The title Polycom Employee & Community Manager is an automatic setting within the community and any forum reply or post is based upon my personal experience and does not reflect the opinion or view of my employer.
Poly employee participation within this community is not mandatory and any post or FAQ article provided by myself is done either during my working hours or outside working hours, in my private time, and maybe answered on weekends, bank holidays or personal holidays.
Message 1 of 1