Plantronics + Polycom. Now together as Poly Logo

[FAQ] Customization of the Home Screen on a Polycom RealPresence Trio 8800

Highlighted
Polycom Employee & Community Manager

[FAQ] Customization of the Home Screen on a Polycom RealPresence Trio 8800

It may be desirable to disable some or all of the Icons on the Idle Screen of a Polycom RealPresence Trio 8800

UC Software 5.4.2 AA added the ability to hide the following menu options:

• Hide/show the Contacts menu
  • Hide/show the Calendar
  • Hide/show Recent Calls/Call Lists
  • Hide/show the Bluetooth menu
  • Hide/show the Settings menu
  • Hide/show the Lync sign out menu

Example:

<changes>
<homescreen homeScreen.settings.enable="0" />
<contacts feature.contacts.enabled="0" />
<calllist feature.callList.enabled="0" />
<bluetooth feature.bluetooth.enabled="0" />
<hidesignout feature.lync.hideSignOut="1" />
<calendar homeScreen.calendar.enable="0" />
</changes>

Or import the attached unzipped files as required via the Web Interface:

custom.png

Result:

limitedMenu.jpg limitedMenu3.jpg

Removing of the MeetNow Key:

Trio_MeetNow_01.pngTrio_MeetNow_02.png

<test softkey.feature.MeetNow="0"/>

Removing of the Present Key:

Trio_MeetNow_01.pngTrio_Present_01.png

<test softkey.feature.present="0"/>

Removing of the Redial Key:

Trio_MeetNow_01.pngTrio_Redial_01.png

<test homeScreen.redial.enable="0"/>

Remove Place a Call / Dial a Number:

TrioPlaceACall.png

<test homeScreen.placeACall.enable="0" />

Removing of the Camera Key (Only when a Polycom EagleEye USB is used):

HomeScreen_Camera.png

<test homeScreen.camera.enable="0" />

<======== Signature / Disclaimer ========>
Please be aware:For questions about the type of support to expect please check here

Please also ensure you always check the VoIP , Video Endpoint , Skype for Business , PSTN or RPM FAQ's

Please remember, if you see a post that helped you , and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accept as Solution".

The title Polycom Employee & Community Manager is an automatic setting within the community and any forum reply or post is based upon my personal experience and does not reflect the opinion or view of my employer.
Poly employee participation within this community is not mandatory and any post or FAQ article provided by myself is done either during my working hours or outside working hours, in my private time, and maybe answered on weekends, bank holidays or personal holidays.
1 REPLY 1
Polycom Employee & Community Manager

Re: [FAQ] Customization of the Home Screen on a Polycom RealPresence Trio 8800

Custom Icon Support for Contacts and Lines since UC Software 5.8.0:

You can configure up to 24 custom icons to display on a Polycom Trio system for registered lines or for user photos can for contacts saved in the Local Contact Directory and favorites on the home screen. Polycom recommends uploading PNG images that are 106 x 106 pixels with a size of 100 KB or smaller. The maximum image size you can upload is 200 x 200 pixels, however, the phone automatically scales the icons to 106 x 106 pixels. 

Line_Icon_Trio.png

<icons icons.1="ftp://icon:icons@10.252.149.100/icon1.png" 
		reg.1.icon="1"  />

<======== Signature / Disclaimer ========>
Please be aware:For questions about the type of support to expect please check here

Please also ensure you always check the VoIP , Video Endpoint , Skype for Business , PSTN or RPM FAQ's

Please remember, if you see a post that helped you , and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accept as Solution".

The title Polycom Employee & Community Manager is an automatic setting within the community and any forum reply or post is based upon my personal experience and does not reflect the opinion or view of my employer.
Poly employee participation within this community is not mandatory and any post or FAQ article provided by myself is done either during my working hours or outside working hours, in my private time, and maybe answered on weekends, bank holidays or personal holidays.
Message 2 of 2