Plantronics + Polycom. Now together as Poly Logo

[FAQ] Daisy chaining a Polycom Trio

Polycom Employee & Community Manager

[FAQ] Daisy chaining a Polycom Trio

Hello all,

the Trio UC Software 5.8.0 added a new feature that enables to pair two Polycom Trio's to cover a larger room.

Daisy_Chaining_Trio_01.pngSet the network device role.Daisy_Chaining_Trio_02.pngSet Trio to be a Hub (master) or device (slave)Daisy_Chaining_Trio_03.pngOn the Hub Trio, select the device to pair toDaisy_Chaining_Trio_04.pngYou may have to set maxDevices higher than 1.Daisy_Chaining_Trio_05.pngConnect to the device and you’ll see a Trio icon for the connected Trio device.

• Polycom Trio systems must be connected to the same IP network.
  • Polycom Trio systems must be connected to the same network subnet.
  • The network must support multicast and multicast must be enabled.
  • Both Polycom Trio systems must be running Trio Software UCS 5.8.0AA or later.
  • If your daisy-chained Polycom Trio systems use a paired Polycom Trio Visual+, Polycom Trio VisualPro, or RealPresence Group Series system for video and content, set the parameter mr.pair.maxDevices="2"
  • USB audio streaming will only work off of the primary Trio primary. USB streaming via slave Trio will not work

For optimal performance, follow guidelines for setting the distance between Polycom Trio systems:

• Set Polycom Trio 8800 systems 3 m (10 ft) apart.
  • Set Polycom Trio 8500 systems 2.4 m (8 ft) apart
  • Extension Microphones can be used
  • A Polycom Trio 8800 can pair with a Polycom Trio 8500

<======== Signature / Disclaimer ========>
Please be aware:For questions about the type of support to expect please check here

Please also ensure you always check the VoIP , Video Endpoint , Skype for Business , PSTN or RPM FAQ's

Please remember, if you see a post that helped you , and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accept as Solution".

The title Polycom Employee & Community Manager is an automatic setting within the community and any forum reply or post is based upon my personal experience and does not reflect the opinion or view of my employer.
Poly employee participation within this community is not mandatory and any post or FAQ article provided by myself is done either during my working hours or outside working hours, in my private time, and maybe answered on weekends, bank holidays or personal holidays.