cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[FAQ] How can I Record or Playback Audio Calls?

Polycom Employee & Community Manager

[FAQ] How can I Record or Playback Audio Calls?

Note: Depending on the Software Version running on the phone this feature requires a license key for activation!

Newer versions like UCS 3.3.0 or later no longer have these requirements for the Recording and Playback of Audio Calls.

Free Site License (excluding VQMon) can be found => here <=.

The SoundPoint IP 650 and 670 and the Polycom VVX 1500,VVX 500, VVX501 ,VVX600, VVX601, VVX401 ,VVX411 and the Polycom Trio 8800 and 8500 phones can be configured to allow recording of audio calls on a supported USB device.

Playback of recorded files can occur on the phone as well as on other devices, such as a Windows® or Apple® based computer using an application like Windows Media Player® or iTunes

Note: Informing Parties When You Are Recording calls
Federal, state, and/or local laws may legally require that you to notify some or all of the call parties that you are recording.

Activation:

UCS 4.x.x or UCS 5.x.x

In order to activate the Feature the below attached file can be imported via the Web Interface as explained => here <=

<usb feature.callRecording.enabled="1"/>

UCS 3.3.x

<usb feature.callRecording.enabled="1"/>

In order to activate the Feature the below attached file needs to be loaded via a configuration file as explained => here <=

SIP 3.2.x or older

feature.17.name="call-recording" feature.17.enabled="1"

Above parameter is included in the sip.cfg and needs to be set to enabled and a license needs to be added to the provisioning server. 

USB Recording and Playback:

Once a USB stick is plugged into the Phone a USB Icon appears and the free space is displayed

USB_recording_01.png

Once the call is in a connected state the recording option is displayed via a softkey (you may have to press the more softkey first)

USB_recording_02.png

Press Start to begin the recording

USB_recording_03.png

During the recording a Stop or Pause Softkey is being displayed

USB_recording_04.png

If Paused the recording can be Resumed

USB_recording_05.png

Depending on the Phone model either the Menu or the USB Key accesses the Removable Storage Menu

USB_recording_06.png

Recorded files are shown

USB_recording_07.png

USB_recording_08.png

Please be aware:

The purpose of these forums is to allow community members collaborate and help each other.
Questions posted here do not follow Polycom’s SLA guidelines.
If you require assistance from Polycom technical support, please open a
web service request or call us .

The above is necessary in order to track issue internally within Polycom.

You are welcome to post more questions or configuration or logs for other community members to look at but if your issue requires a fix via Polycom you must go via the official support structure.

Please ensure you always check the VoIP , Video Endpoint , Skype for Business , PSTN or RPM FAQ's

Please remember, if you see a post that helped you , and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accept as Solution".

This forum reply or post is based upon my personal experience and does not reflect the opinion or view of my employer.
Polycom employee participation within this community is not mandatory and any post or FAQ article provided by myself is done either during my working hours or outside working hours, in my private time, and may be answered on weekends, bank holidays or personal holidays.
1 REPLY
Polycom Employee & Community Manager

Re: [FAQ] How can I Record or Playback Audio Calls?

A RealPresence Trio 8800 can be used to utilize a USB stick for Audio Recording and Playback.

The above  describes in detail the functionality itself and the attached file usb_recording.cfg can be imported via the Web Interface if a Provisioning Server is not implemented.

Plugging in a USB stick shows the recording capacity

Trio_USB_record_01.PNG

Once the call is in a connected state the “Hamburger” Menu will have the recording Option

Trio_USB_record_02.PNG

Going back into this Menu will allow to Start the recording

Trio_USB_record_03.PNG

Going back into this Menu again will present further Stop or Pause options.

The recording status is displayed in the Top Menu Bar

Trio_USB_record_04.PNG

Please be aware:

The purpose of these forums is to allow community members collaborate and help each other.
Questions posted here do not follow Polycom’s SLA guidelines.
If you require assistance from Polycom technical support, please open a
web service request or call us .

The above is necessary in order to track issue internally within Polycom.

You are welcome to post more questions or configuration or logs for other community members to look at but if your issue requires a fix via Polycom you must go via the official support structure.

Please ensure you always check the VoIP , Video Endpoint , Skype for Business , PSTN or RPM FAQ's

Please remember, if you see a post that helped you , and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accept as Solution".

This forum reply or post is based upon my personal experience and does not reflect the opinion or view of my employer.
Polycom employee participation within this community is not mandatory and any post or FAQ article provided by myself is done either during my working hours or outside working hours, in my private time, and may be answered on weekends, bank holidays or personal holidays.
Message 2 of 2