Plantronics + Polycom. Now together as Poly Logo

[FAQ] How can I change the Menu Language of my Phone?

Polycom Employee & Community Manager

[FAQ] How can I change the Menu Language of my Phone?

In order to change the Menu Language the Phone running SIP 3.2.5 or older needs to download the Dictionaries from a Provisioning Server.

NOTE: Trying to change the Language on SIP 3.2.x or older used to cause an Error Message to be displayed if no Provisioning Server was present!

Since UC Software 3.3.0 this is no longer needed for the most common Languages.

You can change the the Language via the Phone GUI manually:

Press Menu Key => select Settings => select Basic => select Preferences => select Language

Choose a Language of your choice and depending on the SIP / UC Software the Phone will either load the Dictionary from the Provisioning Server or just change the Language.

You can also set this via a provisioning file.

An example for German would look like this:

<lcl lcl.ml.lang="German_Germany"/>

NOTE: Please ensure to consult the Admin Guide as the command may very depending on the SIP / UC Software Version

<======== Signature / Disclaimer ========>
Please be aware:For questions about the type of support to expect please check here

Please also ensure you always check the VoIP , Video Endpoint , Skype for Business , PSTN or RPM FAQ's

Please remember, if you see a post that helped you , and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accept as Solution".

The title Polycom Employee & Community Manager is an automatic setting within the community and any forum reply or post is based upon my personal experience and does not reflect the opinion or view of my employer.
Poly employee participation within this community is not mandatory and any post or FAQ article provided by myself is done either during my working hours or outside working hours, in my private time, and maybe answered on weekends, bank holidays or personal holidays.
Message 1 of 1