Plantronics + Polycom. Now together as Poly Logo

[FAQ] How can I provision the Poly Trio and/or Visual+

Highlighted
Polycom Employee & Community Manager

[FAQ] How can I provision the Poly Trio and/or Visual+

The Poly Trio and Visual+ follow the same provisioning methods outlined => here <=

In addition, the unit can be configured or upgraded using a FAT32 formatted memory stick.

The example content of the USB Stick could be:

Trio_USB_Provisioning_01_new.png

• 000000000000.cfg => Master Configuration File (loads the trio.cfg via the config_files section)

• 00000000000-directory.xml => Speed Dial file

• 311-65290-001.sip.ld => Firmware for the RealPresence Trio8800 (The Trio will provision the Visual+ once paired)

• trio.cfg => Example Configuration file

• VVXLocalization => Sub Directory from Firmware download containing translation strings for languages

Option 1

Simply update the configuration or the UC Software whilst the phone is already running.

• Plug the USB Stick into the Unit

• trio_USB_Test01.png

• trio_USB_Test02.png

Use the Admin Password (Factory default is 456)

• USB_AreYouSure.PNG

Confirm with Yes if you want to provision the Unit from the USB Stick

Option 2

Upgrade UC Software and provision the phone with Speed Dials using a USB Stick in the Unit when powering the Phone on or rebooting the phone

USB_Speed_Dials_01.png USB_Speed_Dials_02.png

Example Configuration

Trio_USB_Provisionig_Example.PNG

The TrioExampleConfiguration.zip contains the above mentioned files (no firmware attached). Unzip on a USB Memorystick to utilize the above example.

Additional Options

<VisualPlusPair mr.pair.uid.1="MAC_ADDRESS_OF_VISUAL+" />

Add the above to the trio.cfg file in order to automatically pair the Visual+ with the Trio

<Bluetooth bluetooth.devName="TrioBluetooth" bluetooth.radioOn="1" />

Add the above to the trio.cfg file in order to automatically enable the Bluetooth Radio and call the unit TrioBluetooth.

• For TLS please check => here <=

• For 802.1x please check => here <=

Visual+ USB Provisioning

A Visual+ unit can also be provisioned via the USB method but it must be in a un-paired state to do so

PairedVisualPlus.jpg

If not paired simply plug the USB Stick into the Visual+ and tap the pairing button when tasked

USBProvisioningUnPaired.jpg

Setting a Manual IP Address for the Visual+

You can browse to the Web Interface of the Visual+ and change DHCP to disable.

VisualPlusManualIPWebUI.PNG

Via USB:

Download the attached VisualPlus_Manual_IP_Address.zip and unzip the file.

• Open the 0004F2FC3206_ManualIP.cfg file and edit the content to match your IP address setup

• Store the file but replace the 0004F2FC3206 with the actual MAC Address of the Visual+ that should be used

• Copy both the newly renamed file and the 000000000000.cfg on a USB Stick and plug it into the unpaired Visual+ and follow the on screen instructions.

Explanation:

The 000000000000.cfg uses

VisualPlusManualIP.PNG

The <MAC>_ManualIP.cfg contains:

<manual device.set="1"
		device.dhcp.enabled.set="1"
		device.dhcp.enabled="0"
		device.net.ipAddress.set="1"
		device.net.ipAddress="192.1.15.145"
		device.net.subnetMask.set="1"
		device.net.subnetMask="255.255.255.0"
		device.net.IPgateway.set="1"
		device.net.IPgateway="192.1.15.1"
		device.dns.serverAddress.set="1"
		device.dns.serverAddress="192.1.5.2"/>

In order to set the Visual+ to not utilize the RealPresence Trio as a provisioning server this parameter can be used:

<change mr.deviceMgmt.useHubsProvServer="1"/>

802.1x

An example can be found => here <=

<======== Signature / Disclaimer ========>
Please be aware:For questions about the type of support to expect please check here

Please also ensure you always check the VoIP , Video Endpoint , Skype for Business , PSTN or RPM FAQ's

Please remember, if you see a post that helped you , and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accept as Solution".

The title Polycom Employee & Community Manager is an automatic setting within the community and any forum reply or post is based upon my personal experience and does not reflect the opinion or view of my employer.
Poly employee participation within this community is not mandatory and any post or FAQ article provided by myself is done either during my working hours or outside working hours, in my private time, and maybe answered on weekends, bank holidays or personal holidays.
1 REPLY 1
Polycom Employee & Community Manager

Trio USB Logging

Capturing Logs via a USB Stick:

1. Insert a Fat32 formatted stick with a 000000000000.cfg => Master Configuration File
    Trio_USB_Logs_01.jpg

2. The Trio or Visual+ will recongize the stick and prompt (Trio only) the user to enter the Password (details => here <=).

3. The user will be prompted to USB Provision the TrioTrio_USB_Logs_02.jpg

4.  A USB Icon will indicate the a stick is inserted into the Trio
    Trio_USB_Logs_03.jpg

5. Changing the Upload Period to a shorter duration will enable the Trio to upload the logs more frequently

Trio_USB_Logs_04.jpg

6. Once disconnected and inserted into a compatble PC the logs can be found

Trio_USB_Logs_05.jpg

<======== Signature / Disclaimer ========>
Please be aware:For questions about the type of support to expect please check here

Please also ensure you always check the VoIP , Video Endpoint , Skype for Business , PSTN or RPM FAQ's

Please remember, if you see a post that helped you , and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accept as Solution".

The title Polycom Employee & Community Manager is an automatic setting within the community and any forum reply or post is based upon my personal experience and does not reflect the opinion or view of my employer.
Poly employee participation within this community is not mandatory and any post or FAQ article provided by myself is done either during my working hours or outside working hours, in my private time, and maybe answered on weekends, bank holidays or personal holidays.
Message 2 of 2