[FAQ] How can set the Handset/Speaker/Headset volume to a persistent setting / remember the volume?

Polycom Employee & Community Manager

[FAQ] How can set the Handset/Speaker/Headset volume to a persistent setting / remember the volume?

<volume/>

In some countries, regulations state that a phone’s receiver volume must be reset to a nominal level for each new call.

This is the phone’s default behavior.

Using this parameter, you can set the receiver volume to persist across calls each time a user makes changes to the default volume level.

NOTE: Restarting the phone will return this to the factory default value!

Handset:

<Volume voice.volume.persist.handset="1"/>
  • If 0, the handset receive volume will automatically reset to a nominal level after each call. 

Above is the default

If 1, the volume for each call will be the same as the previous call. 
    If set to 1, the handset receive volume will persist across calls.
    If set to 0, the handset receive volume will be reset to nominal at the start of each call.

Wired Headset:

<Volume voice.volume.persist.headset="1"/>

• If 0, the headset receive volume will automatically rest to a nominal level after each call. 

Above is the default

USB Headset (VVX 500/501, VVX600/601 or VVX401/411 only):

<Volume voice.volume.persist.usbHeadset="1"/>

• If 0, the headset receive volume will automatically rest to a nominal level after each call. 

Above is the default

Bluetooth Headset (VVX600/601 only):

<Volume voice.volume.persist.usb.bluetooth.Headset="1"/>

Above is the default

Handsfree:

<Volume voice.volume.persist.handsfree="1"/>
  • If 0, the speakerphone receive volume will automatically rest to a nominal level after each call.

Above is the default

If 1, the volume for each call will be the same as the previous call.

Attached is a zipped configuration file that contains individual configurations and can be => imported <= (UCS 4.x.x <) or provisioned via a => server <=

Please be aware:

The purpose of these forums is to allow community members collaborate and help each other.
Questions posted here do not follow Polycom’s SLA guidelines.
If you require assistance from Polycom technical support, please open a
web service request or call us .

The above is necessary in order to track issue internally within Polycom.

You are welcome to post more questions or configuration or logs for other community members to look at but if your issue requires a fix via Polycom you must go via the official support structure.

Please ensure you always check the VoIP , Video Endpoint , Skype for Business , PSTN or RPM FAQ's

Please remember, if you see a post that helped you , and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accept as Solution".

This forum reply or post is based upon my personal experience and does not reflect the opinion or view of my employer.
Polycom employee participation within this community is not mandatory and any post or FAQ article provided by myself is done either during my working hours or outside working hours, in my private time, and may be answered on weekends, bank holidays or personal holidays.
Message 1 of 1