Plantronics + Polycom. Now together as Poly Logo

[FAQ] Improved Opensip Registration Fail-over Support

Highlighted
Polycom Employee & Community Manager

[FAQ] Improved Opensip Registration Fail-over Support

Traditionally we support multiple methods of failover.

A method described  => here <= is called Configure Fault Tolerance and can be used for all Phones but the document only describes this for SoundStations and the Trio.

A Discussion about this can be found => here <=

Since UC Software 5.5.2 the Polycom Trio supports up to three registrations which the Phone can failover once the main server goes down.

This can for example be used with a Cisco Call Manager as described => here <=

The method described below is not the same as in the Engineering Advisory 66546 aka the Configuring Optional Re-Registration on Failover Behavior => here <=

NOTE: This feature is currently only supported on Polycom Trio’s

The Failover to another server can take up to 30 Seconds and 60 Seconds to re-register to the original first server.

Configuration:

CUCM_Failover_01.png

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" standalone="yes"?>
<!--Description: CUCM Server Settings for Line 1 registration-->
<PHONE_CONFIG>
  <ALL reg.1.server.1.address="[server1 IP or FQDN]" reg.1.server.1.port="5060" reg.1.server.1.transport="TCPOnly" reg.1.server.1.retryMaxCount="20" reg.1.server.1.retryTimeOut="500" reg.1.server.1.failOver.failBack.timeout="60" reg.1.server.1.failOver.reRegisterOn="1" reg.1.server.1.failOver.concurrentRegistration="0" reg.1.server.2.address="[server2 IP or FQDN]" reg.1.server.2.port="5060" reg.1.server.2.transport="TCPOnly" reg.1.server.2.failOver.failBack.timeout="60" reg.1.server.2.failOver.reRegisterOn="1" reg.1.server.2.failOver.concurrentRegistration="0" reg.1.server.3.address="[server3 IP or FQDN]" reg.1.server.3.port="5060" reg.1.server.3.transport="TCPOnly" reg.1.server.3.failOver.failBack.timeout="60" reg.1.server.3.failOver.reRegisterOn="1" reg.1.server.3.failOver.concurrentRegistration="0" reg.1.tcpFastFailover="1" />
</PHONE_CONFIG>

CUCM_Failover_04.png

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" standalone="yes"?>
<!--Description: CUCM User Registration for Line 1 - do not use if using RPRM CUCM Integration-->
<PHONE_CONFIG>
  <ALL reg.1.address="[aor-dn-ext]" reg.1.auth.userId="[authuser]" reg.1.auth.password="[authpassword]" reg.1.displayName="[displayname]" reg.1.label="[linekey-label]" />
</PHONE_CONFIG>

Web Interface:

CUCM_Failover_05.png

Troubleshooting:

Settings > Logging > Global Settings > Global Log Level Limit > Debug
Settings > Logging > Global Settings > Global Log Level Limit > Log File Size (Kbytes) > ForTrio 10000
Settings > Logging > Log File Upload > Upload Append Size Limit (Kbytes) > 51200
Settings > Logging > Module Log Level Limits > SIP > Debug

Prior to Failover:

CUCM_Failover_03.png

During Failover:

CUCM_Failover_02.png

<======== Signature / Disclaimer ========>
Please be aware:For questions about the type of support to expect please check here

Please also ensure you always check the VoIP , Video Endpoint , Skype for Business , PSTN or RPM FAQ's

Please remember, if you see a post that helped you , and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accept as Solution".

The title Polycom Employee & Community Manager is an automatic setting within the community and any forum reply or post is based upon my personal experience and does not reflect the opinion or view of my employer.
Poly employee participation within this community is not mandatory and any post or FAQ article provided by myself is done either during my working hours or outside working hours, in my private time, and maybe answered on weekends, bank holidays or personal holidays.