Plantronics + Polycom. Now together as Poly Logo

[FAQ] Issues with the Polycom Phone since Upgrading to UC Software 3.3.0 or later

Polycom Employee & Community Manager

[FAQ] Issues with the Polycom Phone since Upgrading to UC Software 3.3.0 or later

UC Software 3.3.0 introduced many changes to the way the Polycom Phones are provisioned.

For a detailled overview of these changes please read => here <=.

The greatest change is that there is no longer a need for the sip.cfg / phone1.cfg

Any user upgrading from a SIP 3.2.x or previous Version is advised to utilize the cfcUtility from => here <= in order to automatically convert pre UC Software Parameters into their matching Parameters for UC Software 3.3.0.

NOTE: The tool is only converting pre UC Software Parameters to match UC Software 3.3.0 Parameters and will remove any newly manually added Parameters from UC Software > 3.3.1 or 4.0.0! 

UC Software 4.0.0 changed the BootROM process into the Upgrader as described => here <= 

An Overview of supported Phones in relation to the SIP / UC Software can be found => here <=

<======== Signature / Disclaimer ========>
Please be aware:For questions about the type of support to expect please check here

Please also ensure you always check the VoIP , Video Endpoint , Skype for Business , PSTN or RPM FAQ's

Please remember, if you see a post that helped you , and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accept as Solution".

The title Polycom Employee & Community Manager is an automatic setting within the community and any forum reply or post is based upon my personal experience and does not reflect the opinion or view of my employer.
Poly employee participation within this community is not mandatory and any post or FAQ article provided by myself is done either during my working hours or outside working hours, in my private time, and maybe answered on weekends, bank holidays or personal holidays.
Message 1 of 1