Plantronics + Polycom. Now together as Poly Logo

[FAQ] Reboot the Phone remotely or via the Web Interface

Highlighted
Polycom Employee & Community Manager

[FAQ] Reboot the Phone remotely or via the Web Interface

The current UCS 4.0.0 Software added this functionality to the compatible Polycom devices via the Web Interface. 

Reboot Web Interface.png

Via a SIP Check-Sync NOTIFY

Prior to UCS 4.0.0 Software and still current Software the method:

<voIpProt voIpProt.SIP.specialEvent.checkSync.alwaysReboot="1" />

can be used to remotely reboot the Unit if it receives a SIP Notify Message that contains the event equal to check-sync.

To: <sip:192.168.1.104:5060>
Call-ID: b98cd3c4-f37c265b-c864532
CSeq: 1 NOTIFY
Event: check-sync
Max-Forwards: 10
Content-Length: 0

The standard value of this functionality is usually:

voIpProt.SIP.specialEvent.checkSync.alwaysReboot="0"

• If set to 1, always reboot when a NOTIFY message is received from the server with event equal to check-sync.

• If set to 0, only reboot if any of the files listed in <MAC-address>.cfg have changed on the FTP server when a NOTIFY message is received from the server with event equal to check-sync.

NOTE: Many SIP Platforms (Asterisk / Broadworks) have solutions for this included and the WWW Community can be used to find example Perl or Python scripts on how to use this.

Via a CURL command:

A user within the community came up with this solution => here <=

----------------
The title Polycom Employee & Community Manager is a community setting and does not reflect my role. I am just a simple volunteer in the community like everybody else. My official "day" Job is 3rd Level support at Poly but I am unable to provide official support via the community.

----------------

Notice: This community forum is not an official Poly support resource, thus responses from Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge. If you need immediate and/or official assistance please open a service ticket through your proper support channels.
Please also ensure you always check the VoIP , Video Endpoint , Skype for Business , PSTN or RPM FAQ's
Message 1 of 1