Plantronics + Polycom. Now together as Poly Logo

[FAQ] Utilizing Pin & Extension Sign in without DHCP Server Option 43 support

Highlighted
Polycom Employee & Community Manager

[FAQ] Utilizing Pin & Extension Sign in without DHCP Server Option 43 support

Starting with UCS 5.3.0, you can sign into Lync on a VVX phone using PIN authentication method without DHCP option 43 by using the new configuration parameter shown below.

NOTE: There is no requirement for an Option 120 in case this is missing!

dhcp.option43.override.stsUri=""

• Use this parameter if you want to override DHCP Option 43. Enter an STS URI to override Option 43. If NULL and you do not configure Option 43, the PIN Authentication menu does not display on the phone and PIN Authentication is not available in the Web Configuration Utility.

The config parameter option is helpful in environments where the customer has no control over DHCP options or for troubleshooting purposes.

Example:

dhcp.option43.override.stsUri="https://lync.schertz.local:443/CertProv/CertProvisioningService.svc"

The parameter is located in the lync.cfg config template included in the UCS 5.3.0 ZIP archive.

You can also configure this option via the phone's web UI under Settings > Provisioning Server > DHCP Menu.

dhcpopt43override_ds.png

<======== Signature / Disclaimer ========>
Please be aware:For questions about the type of support to expect please check here

Please also ensure you always check the VoIP , Video Endpoint , Skype for Business , PSTN or RPM FAQ's

Please remember, if you see a post that helped you , and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accept as Solution".

The title Polycom Employee & Community Manager is an automatic setting within the community and any forum reply or post is based upon my personal experience and does not reflect the opinion or view of my employer.
Poly employee participation within this community is not mandatory and any post or FAQ article provided by myself is done either during my working hours or outside working hours, in my private time, and maybe answered on weekends, bank holidays or personal holidays.
Message 1 of 1