Plantronics + Polycom. Now together as Poly Logo

[FAQ] What Software Version will Polycom ship phones with ?

Polycom Employee & Community Manager

[FAQ] What Software Version will Polycom ship phones with ?

What Software Version will Polycom ship phones with ?

Polycom periodically updates the shipping configurations of the SoundPoint IP, SoundStation IP, Polycom Trio and VVX business media phones.

The Polycom® Engineering Advisories and Technical Notifications page => here <= lists the Product Shipping Configuration Change Notice.

Why does Polycom not ship the devices with the latest Software?

Many of our Partners => here <= have interoperability tested our various phone models and require a certain software level in order to ensure compatibility in the field.

In order to maintain up-to-date interoperability these shipping changes are carefully planned to ensure minimum disruption in the field.

As with all Polycom IP phone products, End customers should refer to their Polycom VoIP-certified channel partner for technical support and product assistance.

Do I need to update my Phone in order to use it?

In most cases there is no requirement to update or downgrade the phone in order for it to work. A new / different Software may be required in order to archive compatibility with a certain SIP switch. These details should be provided by the SIP Partner.

A individual phone usually only requires => these <= simple SIP registration details to work.

A detailed post on how to upgrade or downgrade can be found => here <=

Our Support team may ask for the Phone to be upgraded if issues are raised via a Polycom reseller.

Can I order / purchase and individual or multiple phones with a specific Software version?

Such requests need to be raised with your Polycom reseller.

Can I order a Phone in LYNC or Skype for Business mode ?

Specific stock keeping units / SKU for the Microsoft Lync edition can be placed for the VVX range. Please work with your Polycom reseller.

-018 should be for LYNC deployments

-019 should be for Skype for Business deployments

<======== Signature / Disclaimer ========>
Please be aware:For questions about the type of support to expect please check here

Please also ensure you always check the VoIP , Video Endpoint , Skype for Business , PSTN or RPM FAQ's

Please remember, if you see a post that helped you , and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accept as Solution".

The title Polycom Employee & Community Manager is an automatic setting within the community and any forum reply or post is based upon my personal experience and does not reflect the opinion or view of my employer.
Poly employee participation within this community is not mandatory and any post or FAQ article provided by myself is done either during my working hours or outside working hours, in my private time, and maybe answered on weekends, bank holidays or personal holidays.
Message 1 of 1