Plantronics + Polycom. Now together as Poly Logo

[FAQ] What is the meaning of the Error message "pre-3.3.0 params" or similar?

Highlighted
Polycom Employee & Community Manager

[FAQ] What is the meaning of the Error message "pre-3.3.0 params" or similar?

Since the introduction of the Polycom UCS Software 3.3.0 or later the need for a sip.cfg and / or phone1.cfg has been removed.

Note: Always consult the UCS Admin Guide matching your current Software Version for more details.

In prior Versions before UCS 3.3.0 or 4.x.x these files always needed to be loaded via the provisioning server.

If a newer Software like UCS 3.3.x or 4.x.x is being used and either above files are loaded (sip.cfg / phone1.cfg) or individual parameters from prior versions the phone will display an error message like:

Example: sip.cfg has pre 3.3.0 parameters

or

pre-330.png

Above simply tells the user that the phone has loaded certain configuration parameters or files that contain invalid / updated configuration parameters.

Above is explained in more detail => here <=

To troubleshoot this please check the log's work via the Phones menu as shown => here <=

If a mixed setup with phones running legacy software or software versions before UCS 3.3.0 is being used please follow up via this post => here <=

If there is a requirement to convert older configuration files for ease of use the follow post => here <= describes how to do so.

<======== Signature / Disclaimer ========>
Please be aware:For questions about the type of support to expect please check here

Please also ensure you always check the VoIP , Video Endpoint , Skype for Business , PSTN or RPM FAQ's

Please remember, if you see a post that helped you , and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accept as Solution".

The title Polycom Employee & Community Manager is an automatic setting within the community and any forum reply or post is based upon my personal experience and does not reflect the opinion or view of my employer.
Poly employee participation within this community is not mandatory and any post or FAQ article provided by myself is done either during my working hours or outside working hours, in my private time, and maybe answered on weekends, bank holidays or personal holidays.
Message 1 of 1