Plantronics + Polycom. Now together as Poly Logo

[FAQ] Where can I download configuration files from or create these myself?

Highlighted
Polycom Employee & Community Manager

[FAQ] Where can I download configuration files from or create these myself?

Each released version of SIP or UCS software contains the relevant supported configuration files that, depending on the software Version, are needed to provision the phone.

The compatible Software and prior versions can be downloaded from => here <= , need to be decompressed / unzipped and then to be placed on a provision server.

NOTE: Do not ever mix configuration files from previous versions with newer versions!

The SIP Software releases traditionally included the 000000000000.cfg, the sip.cfg and the phone1.cfg

Since the appearance of newer phone models, older phones have been classed as legacy phones, and the newer phones software now may contain a sip_(Version of Sip).cfg and a phone1_(Version of Sip).cfg

This allows a mix of phones and guarantees backwards capability.

NOTE: Please consult the SIP / UCS Admin Guide matching your software version!

Every Software Version prior to UCS 3.3.0 always needed the phone to be able to download its sip.cfg / phone1.cfg files.

UCS 3.3.0 removed the need for this and the phone does only need to download either the templates files listed in the \Config subdirectory or any self-created files that had been listed within the CONFIG_FILES=" " section of a 000000000000.cfg or manually created <mac>.cfg.

Example file's from within the \Config subdirectory within UCS 3.3.0:

applications.cfg
features.cfg
H323.cfg
polycomConfig.xsd
reg-advanced.cfg
reg-basic.cfg
region.cfg
sip-basic.cfg
sip-interop.cfg
site.cfg
text.txt
video-integration.cfg
video.cfg

The user must specify the files that should be loaded via the CONFIG_FILES="" section as these are not automatically loaded.

For more details please check => here <=

NOTE: The files within the \Config are only templates and individual parameters can be copied & pasted into a manually created file(s) instead! 

Example applications.cfg

Config_Files_Template.pngapplications,.cfg

In the above example the parameter

<apps.restapi apps.restapi.enabled="0">

is disabled aka ="0".

This matches the factory configuration so specifying the file within the config_files="" section would not actually make any changes unless this applications.cfg file would be modified.

Manually creating a configuration file:

NOTE: Please note that the configuration file must be XML conform or the phone will ignore it!

In order to change the standard value of a single parameter it is easier to create an individual file.

The example parameter used in below is se.rt.enabled="1"

If 0, the ringtone feature is not enabled on the phone. If 1 (default), the ringtone feature is enabled.

Using UCS 3.3.0 or newer (check the matching admin guide) the parameter is contained in the template file features.cfg.

Opening the file with an XML compatible editor like Notepadd++ shows all the template parameters. 

Configuration_File_01.PNG

Copying and pasting the relevant section into a new window will allow the user to simply change one individual setting and load this file via the 000000000000.cfg or manually created <mac>.cfg.

Configuration_File_02.PNG

Above shows an individual file stored as rt.cfg and the value changed from the factory default 1 into 0.

Configuration_File_03.PNG

Above shows the individually created <mac>.cfg file loading the rt.cfg via the  CONFIG_FILES="" section from the provisioning server root directory.

Only the individual Phone with this MAC address will load this parameter.

NOTE: Substitution placeholders can be used as shown => here <=

UC Software 4.0.0 or later:

Since UCS 4.0.0 the phone can import configuration files via the Web Interface. For more Information please check => here <=

This is useful in order to add configuration changes to an individual phone with Parameters that are not available to change via the Web Interface or the Phone GUI.

The expected format would be an XML file with the .cfg as a file extension.

ImportConfig.PNG

<======== Signature / Disclaimer ========>
Please be aware:For questions about the type of support to expect please check here

Please also ensure you always check the VoIP , Video Endpoint , Skype for Business , PSTN or RPM FAQ's

Please remember, if you see a post that helped you , and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accept as Solution".

The title Polycom Employee & Community Manager is an automatic setting within the community and any forum reply or post is based upon my personal experience and does not reflect the opinion or view of my employer.
Poly employee participation within this community is not mandatory and any post or FAQ article provided by myself is done either during my working hours or outside working hours, in my private time, and maybe answered on weekends, bank holidays or personal holidays.
Message 1 of 1