Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Hello -

We're currently using DHCP option 161 to send the string ftp://UN:PW@FTPServer for our VVX provisioning, and it's working well.  The problem we're seeing is that if you use the key combo 147 to display the network information, the username and password for the FTP account can be viewed on the VVX screen.  I am wondering if we could use the initial account in the DHCP string (lock down that user's perms), and then add a parameter to our config file to pass credentials for a new FTP user?  I cannot seem to find a parameter to add to the config file to do this.

Thanks,

Ben

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

I'm using option 66 on the VVX410 and VVX600 and the ftp password is displayed as ****** haven't tried option 161 though.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.