Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Dear Polycom team,

We bought polycom IP5000 for VOIP use in our office. Initially it was working fine.

Now I am getting message in the display as mentioned below,

"Waiting for Network to initialise"  I am getting option " setup"  or "Exit"

If I select "Setup", polycom device is asking for details such as "Provisioning server, Ethernet Menu, TLS Security etc..

Please help me to solve the issue.

Looking forward for your reply.

I was trying to reach Polycom support team in India,

I got two contact details : Laveen : 0124 4861638 : No response.

Shivam : 0120-3091616 - Not correct phone number.

Thanks and regards

IPETRONIK (Kannan Chandrasekar)

10 REPLIES 10
HP Recommended

Hello Kannan,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

It looks like the phone does not get an IP address.

Have you tried factory resetting as described in the FAQ  => here <=?

If you are an end customer you cannot call us directly and need to work with your reseller who sold the device.

If this is some sort of an Internet discounter please post your phone's MAC address so I can look up who would be able to support you.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Hello Steffen Baier,

Thanks for your reply.

I am the user of this device.

when I switch on the device, in the display screen I could see only "Waiting for network to be initialised"

As you said, I think the phone is not getting IP address.

The MAC address : When I press the button ABOUT I see -> ENET: 00:04:F2:FA:29:D9

The serial number of the device is 0004F2FA29D9 (imported from US) but used in India now.

Please suggest me a solution to solve the issue or help me with contact numbers in India who I can get support to solve the issue.

Thanks and regards

Kannan Chandrasekar

IPETRONIK INC

HP Recommended

Hello Kannan Chandrasekar,

The unit was sold by SCANSOURCE COMMUNICATIONS back in 14/10/2015 so from our perspective it is out of warranty.

• Did this ever work and only just now start ?
  • Are you sure you can get a IP address with a PC on this network?

You can call us but you would have to Pay Per Incident and most likely need an RMA

The numbers can be found => here <=

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Hello Steffen,

It was working forone month, later we are facing this issue.

If I connect the device with PC, I am not able to ping the device.

Please let me know cost estimation and mode of payment.

Looking forward for your reply.

Thanks and regards

Kannan Chandrasekar

HP Recommended

Hello Kannan Chandrasekar,

If the unit was working for one month you may still have warraty on it but I cannot remote diagnose this.

You have two Options:

• Contact Scansource in the USA and inquire about your warranty status
  • Call / work with Polycom in India and check for RMA options.

There is nothing I can do from here or give you any prices.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

HP Recommended

Hi Kannan,

I have seen a 5000 and a 7000 recently with this issue. The recieve power over PoE, and will boot up, but they do nothing else.

I plugged them in and ran a packet capture while directly attached to the ethernet interface, and I saw no traffic. There is no LLDP or CDP or DHCP or anything.

I also tested the protection isolators and they appeared to be ok, so I suspect the ethernet transceiver ic has failed.

HP Recommended

Hello Squigley,

welcome back to the Polycom Community.

If you could see a pattern of this please bring this to the attention of Polycom support so we can investigate and if possible address this.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

HP Recommended

Dear Squigley/Steffen Baier

As you said, the receive power PoE and will boot up.

I am not able to record any traffic, either not able to open the web interface of the device when I connect with my PC.

As you said, if the ethernet transceiver IC is failed, how to change it.

Please support me with valid information. I am from India.

Polycom India didn't reply to my emails or message left in the website for support.

Thanks and regards

K. Chandrasekar

IPETRONIK INC

HP Recommended

Hello IPETRONIK,

You cannot change any parts on a Polycom phone.

I would suggest you call Polycom India or any of our world wide service organisations. 

We do not offer support via Email or a Web Site to End Customers.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.