Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Good afternoon,

I would like to know how to reset the polycom soundpoint ip 330 to factory defaults.

The phone was configured with a device profile, i tried to renew the device profile but it didn't work quite well...

Now when the phone boots it keeps saying "could not download MACaddress.cfg" and "error, application is not present!".

My supplier told me i had to set the phone to factory defaults.

I'm not able to set the phone to factory defaults. I can reset the configuration with keys 1 3 5 7.

I'm not able to open the menu....

Is there a solution to set the phone to factory default?

regards,

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hello Peter,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

The community's VoIP FAQ contains this post here:

Sep 27, 2012 QuestionI get the error Message “application not present / found” on my phones screen

Resolution: Please check => here <=

or

Oct 10, 2012 Question: I get the error Message "error loading 00xxxxxxxxxx.cfg" and then Phone continues to reboot

Resolution: Please check => here <=

The above explain that you need a Provisioning server.

Oct 7, 2011 Question: How can I setup my Phone / Provisioning / Download / Upgrade / Update / Downgrade Software?
Resolution: Please check => here <=

A Factory Reset is explained here:

Oct 10, 2011 Question: How can I reset / Factory default my Phones configuration?

Resolution: Please check => here <=

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Hi Steffen,

Thanks for answering my question.

I configured the phone with a provisioning server / username / password. (the same as my other phones, different username /pw offcourse)

I still receive the same errors. The other phones work fine.

I'm not able to open the webinterface, or the menu on the phone, but i still can ping the phone.

I think the phone is formatted, i'm able to reset configuration, but i would like to set the phone to factory default....i think some old config still available or so.

regards,

HP Recommended

Hello Peter,

The Facotry reset  multiple key combination must be actioned straight after the reboot as described in the above linked FAQ post.

Depending on the currently installed BootROM / Updater Software either during the countdown or press cancel and then during the countdown.

To troubleshoot why the phone is not contacting the Boot Server you will need to setup a spanned port and use wireshark to check the DHCP request and any outgoing communication from the phone.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.