Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Hello,

We are using a FusionPBX and have it set up to autoconfigure/provision phones.  It works fine with the VVX 500 phones we have.

We just purhased two VVX 230 handsets and cannot figure out how to set it up to autoconfigure.  I am assuming i don't want to use obitalk, etc.  I just want to put in the location of the provision file (pbxname/app/provision/ and the PW and have it do the rest. 

Any help/suggestion is appreciated.

Thanks,
David

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hello @DM_NW 

could I kindly ask you to mark this post as appropriate?

Best regards

Steffen Baier

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

Hello @DM_NW ,

Welcome to the Poly Community.

The Poly D230 runs the ObiHai software which is fundamentally different from the Poly UC Software.

I suggest you would need to work with the Provider of your PABX to add ObiHai provisioning to their model.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Hello @DM_NW 

I added some details to >here< on how to use a file to provision a Poly VVX D230. Option 66 can be used to provision global settings like server etc. as the phone will always try and download a VVXD230.xml file via option 66.

Settings like the Username and Password for the relevant SIP Account(s) could also be done in the above file if only a single phone is being used. Multiple phones may manually use the restore process via the Web UI System Management > Device Update > Restore Configuration in order to import their different credentials.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

HP Recommended

Steffen,

I appreciate your reply and it has provided insight into the differences in the interface between the older phones and the 230.  I am still however having issues.  Let me try to review to see if there is a simple way to direct me.

• I am using a FusionPBX.  It is able to autoprovision a VVX 230 (i.e. their is an XML template included).
  • My frame of reference is the VVX 500 phone. to auto provision, on the PBX for the exension I want on teh phone I input the Mac address of the phone and select the config template. On the phone I point it to the location of the provision files (mypbx.com/app/provision/ and I include the name and PW to access the provision file and that is it (see attached for inputs from the VVX 500 web gui).

I am assuming there is a way to do this with the 230 but I am not quite getting it.   I had played around with OBItalk and it was able to find the phones.  I thought I could autoprovision a sip service using their interface but I was either doing something wrong or it is not possible.

Thanks again

HP Recommended

Hello @DM_NW ,

Welcome back to the Poly Community.

The difference between the UC Software and the ObiHai software is not just the difference in the actual interface but the XML structure the phone expects.

Therefore I cannot answer your 1st question and your SIP PABX provider needs to be consulted.

You can replicate the configuration example you provided from a UC perspective. On an ObiHai Phone go to System Management > Auto Provisioning and then untick method and ConfigURL and replace the ConfigURL string with:

http://Username:Password@uRL_or_IP_Of_Server/OBi${MAC}.xml

The phone then tries to download a correctly XML formatted file called OBI123456789012.xml where 123456789012 would be the real MAC address of the phone.

The above XML file is not the same structure as the UC Software format so please familiarise yourself with this format.

If you struggle with the above please work with whoever sold the VVX D230 to get this into Poly support.

In order to raise a support ticket, you need to work with your Poly reseller as they may need to do this for you.

End Customers are usually unable to open a ticket directly with Poly support. Available End User Poly services offerings are detailed here

If this is some sort of an Internet discounter providing your MAC address or your Poly devices serial will enable us to look up who would be able to support you. This may not be who you purchased the Poly device from.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

HP Recommended

Thanks again Steffen,

I will try this later today and report back.  I appreciate all your help.

All the best,

David

HP Recommended

Hello,

I was able to get it to work with a slight modification of what you sent.

What worked on the fusion PBX is the following:

https://user:password@mypbxurl.com/app/provision/${mac}.xml

I find that once it provisions it hides the username/pw.

I now have another issue - I can make out going calls but I get a busy response on incoming.  This happens only with the VVX 230 phones.  The VVX 500 work fine.  I will open another ticket for this.

Thanks for the help,

David

HP Recommended

Hello @DM_NW 

could I kindly ask you to mark this post as appropriate?

Best regards

Steffen Baier

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.