Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

I have a SPIP650+sidecar I'm trying to get working with a Plantronics EHS.  Originally I got sidecar extension presence via BLF, but when this was enabled the EHS stopped working.  Now I am attempting to get sidecar presence with only Buddy Watch.  I set up my sidecar directory as specified in the below provisioning file, which shows Buddy Watch ("bw") to be enabled ("1") for each extension.  The sidecar gets populated correctly, and those entries can be used for speed dial.  However, with this setup the sidecar extensions do not ever light up when they are on a call.

Is there some other place (either in Asterisk or openSIPs) that Buddy Watch needs to be turned on or enabled?  If there is no other place where Buddy Watch must be enabled, how can I resolve this failure of the sidecar entries to get presence?

Here's the contacts/[MAC address]-directory.xml document that defines buddy watch for the several extensions:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="yes"?>
<!-- $RCSfile: 000000000000-directory~.xml,v $  $Revision: 1.3 $ -->
<directory>
    <item_list>
        <item>
            <ct>110</ct>
            <lb>Toby Flenderson</lb>
            <bw>1</bw>
            <sd>1</sd>
        </item>    
        <item>
            <ct>106</ct>
            <lb>Edna Abbot</lb>
            <bw>1</bw>
            <sd>2</sd>
        </item>
        <item>
            <ct>105</ct>
            <lb>Dennis Paul</lb>
            <bw>1</bw>
            <sd>3</sd>
        </item>    
        <item>
            <ct>103</ct>
            <lb>Bob Smith</lb>
            <bw>1</bw>
            <sd>4</sd>
        </item>    
        <item>
            <ct>104</ct>
            <lb>Carl Watson</lb>
            <bw>1</bw>
            <sd>5</sd>
        </item>
    </item_list>
</directory>

Details regarding the phone that was having problems
-    Model: SoundPoint IP650
-    BootBlock: 3.0.2.0024
-    Updater: 5.0.1.10553
-    SIP Version: 4.0.2B
-    Label: PolyDSP Titan Mem1 FS3 Version 6.1.1.0002, P/N: 3150-11580-611

Environment:
-    openSIPs signaling layer
-    Asterisk 1.8.1 PBX

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hello,

as usual the software matching Admin Guide is always a good starting point.

feature.presence.enabled="1"

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11
HP Recommended
Is presence activated?
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

I assumed that by enabling buddy watch that's what I was doing.  Also, I have perused the FAQ and that was initially what I tried.  I put linekey.reassignment code in my override to try to get presence:

<lineKey lineKey.reassignment.enabled="1" lineKey.1.category="line" lineKey.1.index="1"
     lineKey.5.category="presence" lineKey.5.index="5"
     lineKey.6.category="presence" lineKey.6.index="6"
     lineKey.7.category="presence" lineKey.7.index="7"
     lineKey.8.category="presence" lineKey.8.index="8"
     lineKey.9.category="presence" lineKey.9.index="9" />

But this just caused those phone and sidecar entries to be blank and do nothing.  So can you elaborate on "activiating presence."  Thanks Steffen.

HP Recommended

Hello,

as usual the software matching Admin Guide is always a good starting point.

feature.presence.enabled="1"

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

HP Recommended

As per recommendation I've added the following piece to my sip.cfg:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" standalone="yes"?>
<sip>
   <feature>
      <!-- <feature.urlDialing feature.urlDialing.enabled="0"></feature.urlDialing> tried with and without this -->
      <feature.presence feature.presence.enabled="1"></feature.presence>
   </feature>
</sip>

I put this in place, in conjunction with my contact/[MAC]-directory.xml that specifies buddy watch.  Now I have softbuttons for "MyStat" and "Buddies."  The lights next to my sidecar extensions blink red, and under the "Buddies" menu they are all marked as "offline."  What might I do to get these to be online?

Thanks again, this is substantial progress towards what I'm trying to get done.

HP Recommended

Hello,

using UCS 3.3.x or newer would no longer use a sip.cfg usually or have you made your own file and just called it that?

I would suggest you check => here <= and use this example instead.

Regards

Steffen Baier

HP Recommended

Yes, there's a sip.cfg file and it's pointed to by the master 0000000000.cfg. This is the provisioning server architecture that was chosen and I don't have any control over it.

So I realized I didn't reboot the other phones whose extensions were in the sidecar.  Once this happened and they consumed the new sip.cfg file, basic presence started working.  Thanks.

The only oddness was that my VVX500 extension always appears in a call when it actually isn't.

HP Recommended

Hi,

the VVX500 specifically has currently some issues with Buddy Watch (UCS 4.0.2 Rev B).

There are further developments being made that will be implemented into a newer release.

Regards

Steffen Baier

HP Recommended

Steffen, thanks again.  I'm glad to hear it's a known issue that is being taken care of (we've only been buying VVXs for some time now).  If it helps at all, the specific behavior that I'm seeing with the VVX is that after it is involved in a call, it's MyState gets set to Busy.  So the SPIP650 is correctly displaying the state the VVX is saying it is.  I can undo this by manually changing the VVX state back to Online.

You mentioned this is a 402B issue, can I just temporarily downgrade to avoid this behavior?

HP Recommended

Hello,

it is in all Versions that are supported by the VVX500 and the "best" results are in UCS 4.0.2 Rev B. 

If you have a Polycom Reseller that you purchased your VVX500 from they could raise a Ticket for you to possibly enable you to get a fixed version that added better support.

Please contact me via community mail for more details.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.