Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

In the last 48 hours, I have received more than 100 ghost calls from random four and five digit callers, 10001, 10001, etc. But that number not register in my SIP.

I use Polycom IP 335 and PABX Transtell.  

These calls are to the polycomm desk phone only, softphone/RC call controller is unaffected.

i need this fixed asap. it is either a security issue, SIP sniffing, or your system and you haven provided me with the necessary settings for the typical router firewall.

I allow some service in my firewall like : ip, icmp, tcp-udp/domain, tcp-udp/echo, tcp-udp/http, tcp-udp/sip, tcp/domain, tcp/echo, tcp/ftp, tcp/h323, tcp/hostname, tcp/http, tcp/https, tcp/irc, tcp/ldap, tcp/nfs, tcp/nntp, tcp/pop3, tcp/sip, tcp/smtp, tcp/ssh, tcp/telnet, udp/domain, udp/echo, udp/http, udp/mobile-ip, udp/secureid-udp, udp/sip

Another call from "1000" as I typing this. . . and another, taking up my rollover line, Who can help?

15 REPLIES 15
HP Recommended

Hello danijuntak,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

It is always useful to include the currently used software version as issues experienced may already be addressed in a newer release.

This also allows yourself and others to check against current software release notes.

Therefore the Polycom VoIP FAQ contains this post here:

Question: How can I find out my SIP UC Software Version or the BootROM Version of my Phone?
Resolution: Please check here

The issue itself has been discussed on multiple occasions within this community.

It is caused by some sad individuals in the field who try and find a way to toll fraud SIP systems that are open to the internet.

You are simply receiving an INVITE from a malicious SIP scanner and therefore the Phone rings. A way to stop this would be to blacklist the IP range the call is coming from on your firewall.

Another way is to utilize the Incoming Signaling Validation where you would be able to add security to the phone to validating incoming network signaling.

All of this is described in the <requestValidation/> section of the Admin Guide matching your software version.

You should also be able to find prior posts on this when utilizing the community’s search functionality.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Thankyou Steffen,

I have upgrade my IP 335 firmware to this version:

UC Software Version4.0.7.2514

BootROM Software Version5.0.7.1284

but not solving this problem.

HP Recommended

Hello danijuntak,

Upgrading the phone does not have anything to do with your issue.

I explained in detail why your phone is ringing and you have two choices:

• Scan for the IP range of the Person calling you and block them in your firewall
    or
  • Utilize the explained facility of the phone to only allow your Servers FQDN / IP address as a valid entry

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

danijuntak,

You may want to add this to your mac.cfg file:

<voIpProt>
<voIpProt.server voIpProt.server.1.address="xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx" voIpProt.server.1.port="0" />
<voIpProt.SIP voIpProt.SIP.enable="1">
<voIpProt.SIP.outboundProxy voIpProt.SIP.outboundProxy.address="xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx" />
<voIpProt.SIP.requestValidation voIpProt.SIP.requestValidation.1.method="source" voIpProt.SIP.requestValidation.1.request="INVITE" />
</voIpProt.SIP>
</voIpProt>

The xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx would be your FQDN or IP address or your SIP server. I hope this helps.

HP Recommended

Hi Shamrock,

Where is location of mac.cfg and how to edit this configuration? 

HP Recommended

Hello danijuntak,

you can utilize the templates from the \Config sub folder that come with the downloaded Firmware or simply create your own XML formatted file.

In reality you only require the two suggested parameters as already advised by myself.

The FAQ and the relevant Admin Guides are full of information that should be consulted.

Example:

Oct 7, 2011 Question: Do I always need a Provisioning Server or can I configure a Phone via the Web Interface or via the Phone Gui?
Resolution: Please check => here <=

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

HP Recommended

I have added the following FAQ post today

Oct 24 2014 Question:How can I prevent tools like sipvicious or nuisance calls ringing my phone?

Resolution: Please check => here <=

HP Recommended

We have recently subscribed to this service and have an absurd amount of "ghost calls" on a daily basis, but it only occurs on one extension in the office.  We spoke to our IT Dept. and he claims that the router is not the issue as we have been repeatedly told was the problem.  Is there a fix for this particular problem other than the "router issue"?

HP Recommended

I fought with this same issue for months -- until I finally listened to the technicians -- I had my VVX-600 on an all-in-one Modem Router (on a DSL line) -- I purchased a separate Modem and Separate Router and no more ghost calls .. I got a Netgear DM111DSP Modem and a Netgear R6300 Router -- I should have listend long ago !! So nice to be Ghost Call Free !

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.