Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

We have just purchased a set of VVX 150 phones for use with Google Voice, as instructed by the Google Voice platform.

The phones are now saying "Unsupported Firmware" and links to a Google help page that says the firmware should be updated to 6.3.1

Following both Google's instructions and the Polycom instructions to update the firmware both fail and the phones are stuck on 6.3.0

Can anyone help with how to force through an update to the latest firmware?

8 REPLIES 8
HP Recommended

Hello @BiggJohn ,

welcome to the Poly Community.

For Google Voice to work please browse to the following via the Web Interface (username and password is admin and admin, respectively):

• Press “Submit” (at the bottom of the browser window) and then press “Reboot” (from the top right side of the browser window) at the device local webpage at your internet browser.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Hello @BiggJohn 

just an FYI:

• Three desktop phones have been certified by Google: VVX 250, 350, and 450 OBi Edition phones. The devices feature crystal-clear audio and “Acoustic Fence technology” to eliminate noise and echos. These Poly phones will work with Google Voice for G Suite when the service enters general availability in 10 countries around the world.

The VVX 150 Obi Edition cannot be used with Google Voice at present.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Finally got the firmware upgraded.  Was not successful as suggested in previous post but was successful in download the XML file from the above live and then manually uploading it to the phone under "System Management" and then "Device Update" tab.

Now I'm trying to hook to GV through the obitalk.com page and still getting an error message when provisioning the phone that says:

"Connect Failed: 403 Forbidden (server=216.239.36.144"

Can you help with that? And yes I have GSuite for business and yes my account is enabled for GV and is currently working on the GV app on my phone.  Incoming and outgoing calls work just fine.

Thanks ahead of time!

HP Recommended

After all of the researching today, Google Voice is not yet supported through GStuite for Desk Phones..... disappointing to say the least on polycom and Google's part since they advertised "Desk Phone" support for the GV program we purchased.  Then we invested in the phones and no dice..... That's why I'm getting that message because its for the consumer version of google voice.  The enterprise level or GSuite version doesn't support it yet and there are no astericks or fine print to tell you that.... arghhh.

https://cloud.google.com/voice/

HP Recommended

Hello @BearSGD ,

welcome to the Poly Community.

My reply to the original poster clearly explains that the VVX 150 running ObiEdition is not compatible with the newly announced service from Google.

As you did not specify what exact model you are using we can only assume that this is the limitation you are facing.

There is no requirement or support on the ObiTalk site for Google Voice and everything needs to be setup on the Google G Suite end.

Not knowing what geographical region you are in it is hard to advise anything else.

Please work with Google G Suite support on this.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

HP Recommended

Hello @BiggJohn 

you are correct as I have now found out.

Google is evaluating the Desk Phone service with BETA customers.

Details can be found at cloud.google.com/voice

Get help from voice-gtm-help@google.com

Regards

Steffen Baier

HP Recommended

Google provided this https://support.google.com/a/answer/9311828

However looks like the firmware 6.3.1.1 referenced in that article is not supported by Polycom VVX 250 Obi Edition. We are getting an error message - "Firmware Update Failed"

Firmware package checksum error

Any suggestions? 

Many thanks,
Michael

HP Recommended

Hello @Michael8080 

could you check this => here <=

Quick tip: If you VVX phone’s BackgroundUpdate status is not Enabled: go copy paste the XML text content and save it on your PC as a .xml file. Then, go to the Device Update firmware page and upload the file.

Best regards

Steffen Baier

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.