Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

I am using a provisioning server to configure all phones, the only I am having is with the group call pickup function. I am attaching the file I downloaded from the provisioned phone so you can see how it's setup. 

Just a quick note if I pick a line and dial manually *8 to do a group pickup it works. Just when I use to soft key <Pickup> than <Group> I get a fast busy signal. My asterisk box does not show any data being received from the phone.

For a quick reference I have these lines enabled

call.directedCallPickupMethod (legacy) , call.directedCallPickupString (*8), feature.groupCallPickup.enabled (1).

Some backgroup I'm running Asterisk 1.8.11 cert 4 and using Polycom IP 650 phones with Version 4.0.3.7562 Bootrom Software Version 5.0.3.1667.

Any suggestions or ideas let me know.....

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" standalone="yes"?>
<!-- Application SIP Mink 4.0.3.7562 24-Sep-12 03:40 -->
<!-- Created 16-01-2013 13:00 -->
<PHONE_CONFIG>
<ALL call.callsPerLineKey="1" call.callWaiting.ring="ring" call.directedCallPickupMethod="legacy" call.directedCallPickupString="*8" device.sntp.gmtOffset="-4" device.sntp.serverName="ntp2.usno.navy.mil" dialplan.digitmap="[1][4-6]xxx|[4-6]xxx|[7-9][2-9]xxxxxxxxx|[7-9]011xxx.T|*8|*xx" feature.enhancedFeatureKeys.enabled="1" feature.groupCallPickup.enabled="1" msg.bypassInstantMessage="1" tcpIpApp.sntp.address="north-america.pool.ntp.org" tcpIpApp.sntp.daylightSavings.enable="0" tcpIpApp.sntp.gmtOffset="-18000" up.oneTouchVoiceMail="1" voice.codecPref.G729_AB="1" voice.codecPref.Siren22.64kbps="8" voice.volume.persist.handset="1" voice.volume.persist.headset="1" dialplan.1.digitmap="[1][4-6]xxx|[4-6]xxx|[7-9][2-9]xxxxxxxxx|[7-9]011xxx.T|*8|*xx" msg.mwi.1.callBack="*97" msg.mwi.2.callBack="*97" msg.mwi.1.callBackMode="contact" msg.mwi.2.callBackMode="contact" msg.mwi.1.subscribe="*97" msg.mwi.2.subscribe="*97" reg.1.address="5000" reg.1.auth.password="password5000" reg.1.auth.userId="5000" reg.1.callsPerLineKey="1" reg.2.callsPerLineKey="2" reg.1.label="5000" reg.1.lineKeys="4" voIpProt.server.1.address="192.100.1.50" voIpProt.server.1.port="5060" voIpProt.server.1.transport="UDPOnly" reg.1.server.1.address="192.100.1.50" reg.1.server.1.transport="UDPOnly" />
</PHONE_CONFIG>

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hello surgemorales,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

The "call.directedCallPickupString" Parameter is only for usage with a directed call pickup and not a group pickup.

As far as I am aware the Group Pickup is a functionality that for example our Partner Broadsoft is using.

Have a look at the BLF post in the FAQ as I describe using directed call pickup with Asterisk in there.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Thanks for the quick response....

One thing I don't understand with Polycom in general is with how in detail they are with documenting a vast number of features and setups that they leave out things like it my work with Broadsoft for example.

From UC_Software_Admin_Guide_v4_0_1.pdf (Nowhere in that section does it state that it only works with broadsoft)

Enabling Group Call Pickup
This feature enables you to pick up incoming calls to any phone within a predefined group of phones, without dialing the extension of another phone. The parameter to enable this feature is shown in Table 5-27: Enabling Group Call Pickup. This feature requires support from a SIP server and setup of this feature depends on the SIP server. For example, while some SIP servers implement group call pick-up using a particular star-code sequence, others implement the feature using network signaling.

Example Group Call Pickup Configuration
The following illustration shows you how to enable the group call pickup feature in the features.cfg template.

When you enable the group call pickup, the phone will display a Pickup soft key when you go off-hook. If you select Pickup, the Group soft key is displayed.

HP Recommended

Just a quick question here....

Since the group pickup will not work. I do not have a need for BLF for this particular setup I am trying to accomplish. 

Currently when I pickup a line and dial *8 it does the fucntion I need it to do.

How can I setup a Soft button to read "Pickup" and perform a "*8" dialing sequence ?

Please spell it out for me, thanks!

HP Recommended

Hello surgemorales,

we can only add so much information into the Admin guide and our technologies Partners deploying our Phones are aware of the features that are specific for them.

Some of the features are simple RFC compatible features.

As mentioned already in my original reply, the FAQ contains the following post:

Nov 4, 2011 Question: How can I setup a Busy Lamp Field / BLF with an Digium Asterisk SIP Server?

Resolution: Please check => here <=

This post explains the direct pickup functionality.

As quoted by yourself the Group Pickup only works if the Handset is off hook and the relevant button is used. I suggest to follow this in addition and use wireshark to check the signaling but it may require subscribing to a server.

To go into more detail on the above is completely outside the scope for the community in regards for Polycom employees and you may be required to work with your Polycom reseller to discuss this with a Polycom sales engineer.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Hi surgemorales

As far as I am aware Asterisk pickup is *80... cant be 100% on that however you could use the following maybe?:

<softkey
     softkey.1.label="Pickup"
     softkey.1.action="$FDialpadStar$$FDialpad8$$FDialpad8$$FSoftKey0$"
     softkey.1.enable="1"
     softkey.1.precede="1"
     softkey.1.use.idle="1"
     softkey.1.use.dialtone="1"
    />

Give that a shot....

Cheers

Dave

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.