Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

I am trying to setup provisioning server using HTTPS, I have tested HTTP which is working fine. I am using Go-Daddy G2 certificate for my server and I have tried PolycomRootCA, as well as other recognize RootCA which Polycom allows. I don't want to install certificate manually on phone because I am going to deploy more then 200 phones.

I am using VVX410 for My test purpose, If works I would be using VVX150, VVX250, VVX450 for deployment.

Phone Info

MAC : 0004f29188d0

BootROM 5.1.6.4828

SIP Version 4.1.6.5734

Device Factory certificate is installed

Please Help

Thank you

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hello @Mijal ,

Welcome to the Poly Community.

Setting up a HTTPS provisioning server is documented in detail here:

Oct 7, 2011 Question: How can I setup my Phone / Provisioning / Download / Upgrade / Update / Downgrade Software?
Resolution: Please check => here <=

In addition, we detail what Certificates we include in our software here:

Jan 27, 2015 Question:How can I verify the certificate validity period used with the Poly VVX / CCX / Trio Phone software?

Resolution: Please check this post => here <=

If the certificate provider used is not already in the built-in certificate store in the currently used software then either update to a later version which includes this and/or use a different provider.

To my own personal knowledge, you cannot use the certificates from here http://pki.polycom.com/pki  to provision a phone using HTTPS.

You could use a so-called staging server with a DHCP option 160 to point to a provisioning server which would then contain a master configuration file aka 00000000000.cfg which loads a new configuration with the following content:

• New certificate
  • New HTTPS provisioning server address holding the rest of the configuration

Using the above way you would not need to manually touch every single phone and could fully automate this.

If this is not what you are after and/or any other volunteer can help you please go ahead and open a ticket.

In order to raise a support ticket, you need to work with your Poly reseller as they may need to do this for you.

End Customers are usually unable to open a ticket directly with Poly support. Available End User Poly services offerings are detailed here

The Mac shared is from a device sold back in 21/03/2015 via SCANSOURCE INC. They are your Tier and as the unit is no longer within the warranty please be prepared to Pay Per Incident / PPI.

This is all outlined in detail here

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.