Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

We have 12 phones in our office - 11 SoundPoint IP 335 and one spider phone.  All of them worked fine this morning.  We switched to a new router and have been in the process of setting up static IP addresses for certain devices, including the phones.  When we got through this exercise, half of the phones still worked, and the other half refuse to boot, getting stuck on 'waiting for network to initialize'.  All phones were assigned the IP address they already had, so collision shouldn't be the issue.  If all of the phones were messed up, I'd buy that it's a router problem, but a) they all worked before we set static IP addresses, and b) half of them still work.  The phones have version 4.3.0.0246 of the software.

I can't find anything to give me guidance as to where things might have gone wrong.  The phones 'just worked' out of the box when we bought them.

More info:  the phone is clearly on the network, as my computer gets its wired ethernet through the phone.  It just won't boot.

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Rebooting the router appears to have fixed the problem.  Makes no sense, but whatever.

HP Recommended

Hello betseyb,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

Most likely the router still had these addresses assigned internally in its DHCP pool and the network routing would not work from a phone perspectve.

A simple wireshark on a spanned port or a hub should have shown you the activity for troubleshooting.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Actually, Steffen, that answer was entirely unhelpful.  I have no idea what a wireshark is or how to use one.

We don't have any real IT staff, just people who pick up things here and there.

HP Recommended

Hello betseyb,

Thanks for getting back in regards of my reply.

End Users may struggle with Industry standard troubleshooting methods and should therefore contact their Polycom reseller if support is required.

This community is open to our partners as well as end customers.

On this forum, you can share information about Polycom products and services and seek help from other partners or product owners.

We have an extensive FAQ within the community that deals with several troubleshooting solutions.

For example:

Jan 19, 2012 Question: How to troubleshoot Polycom VoIP related Issues?

Resolution: Please check => here <=

My reply just outlined what methods of troubleshooting yourself or anyone in a similar situation should be using.

The next step, as explained in my reply already, is to contact your Polycom reseller for further support.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.