Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Hello,

We have a VVX 411 with the color expansion module running UC 5.7.0.11768.

Connecting to an Asterisk/FreePBX server, working great.

We would like to use all available Line Keys on the system: 16 on the phone, 28 on the expansion unit = 44 keys.

Of the 12 keys on the phone we want 5 Line keys, 11 BLF.

We want all 28 keys on the expansion to be BLF. Total desired BLF = 39.

I followed the directions to create a mac-features.cfg file and the Line and BLF keys on the phone are good.

However, the number of BLFs on the expansion is maxing out at 22 (34-12=22). I define more BLF keys but they do not appear and there are 6 available slots on the expansion module.

This appears to be related to the message in the phone web interface:

Admin / Utilities / Link Key Configuration:

Active Line and Speed Dial Keys
Max = 34

We are not using the web interface for configuration but .cfg files.

I have seen somewhere in the docs there is a limit of 50 BLF keys but we are trying to define less than 50.

Can you explain the 34 limit?

Is this a hard limit on the expansion module or is there some way we can address all the keys?

It seems strange to sell a 28 key module but you cannot use all the keys.

Thanks,

Jerry.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hello @tesno2,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

The UC Software 5.7.0 Admin Guide lists the 34 line limit on page 306 in the section "Maximum Number of Registrations"

There is also a difference between the attendant.uri method and the attendant.resourceList.x.address.

The VoIP FAQ lists a few restrictions:

May 12, 2016 Question:Are there any limitations on Hunt Group's or BLF / Busy Lamp Field?

Resolution: Please check => here <= 

We are selling the expansion modules as they can be used as speed dials etc.

Please provide a backup of your configuration so someone can check if you made any mistakes.

Utilities > Phone Backup & Restore > Phone Backup > Phone Backup

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.