Plantronics + Polycom. Now together as Poly Logo

[Hardware] Are the external mics for a cisco 7937 compatible with the Soundstation 7000?

SOLVED
Highlighted
Occasional Visitor

[Hardware] Are the external mics for a cisco 7937 compatible with the Soundstation 7000?

Hi folks, just a quick question.

I was reading that the 7937 is just a OEM rebranded Soundstation 7000. Just wondering if we can reuse the same microphones (we're replacing our phone system that doesn't support the 7937) or if we need to buy the ones meant for the 7000?  

Cheers,

Taylor

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Polycom Employee & Community Manager

Re: [Hardware] Are the external mics for a cisco 7937 compatible with the Soundstation 7000?

Hello @Pomqueteer,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

The CUCM 7937 is a completely different phone and we have never made any testing using the Cisco Extension microphones on an Polycom IP7000

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

<======== Signature / Disclaimer ========>
Please be aware:For questions about the type of support to expect please check here

Please also ensure you always check the VoIP , Video Endpoint , Skype for Business , PSTN or RPM FAQ's

Please remember, if you see a post that helped you , and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accept as Solution".

The title Polycom Employee & Community Manager is an automatic setting within the community and any forum reply or post is based upon my personal experience and does not reflect the opinion or view of my employer.
Poly employee participation within this community is not mandatory and any post or FAQ article provided by myself is done either during my working hours or outside working hours, in my private time, and maybe answered on weekends, bank holidays or personal holidays.
Message 2 of 3
Occasional Visitor

Re: [Hardware] Are the external mics for a cisco 7937 compatible with the Soundstation 7000?

Hi Steffan, thank you for the quick response. It looks like we'll just have to test it out and see, but judging by your reply I'm not going to hold my breath.

Cheers,

Taylor

Message 3 of 3