Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Hi, we bought 10 CX500 for our company.

We have a huge problem with this phone, when we press the "speakerphone" button during a call it cuts the phone microphone, when I press the button I heard the voice of the other person, but the other one cannot hear me.

In the menu "make test call" the result is the same, as soon as I press the "speaker phone" button it cuts my voice.

Could you please tell me, what I'm doing wrong ??

Thank you 

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hello ncijeremy,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

Are you aware of the fact that the CX500 is only a Speaker Phone and has no Microphone for handsfree calls built in?

Are you using this in a handsfree setup or are you just pressing the speaker to allow another person to hear the caller and still use your handset and the microphone in the handset is no longer working?

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Hi,

I'm just pressing the speaker button to allow to my colleage to hear the conversation, we can hear the conversation but I cannot speak. I'm still using the the handset but when I press the speaker button the microphone in the handset is not working anymore.

If this we cannot speak in the handset microphone when the speaker button is pressed, all the 10 CX500 are useless. 

HP Recommended

Hello ncijeremy,

the CX500 Phone is classed as a common area phone and therefore does not offer this possibility and is working as designed.

This is according to Microsoft specifications.

The CX600 Phone should offer this possibility.

You can additionally use any of our newer SoundPoint / SoundStation or VVX phones that can run LYNC as shown => here <=.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

hi

for those who still has the same problem i have found a simple manual way...

HP Recommended

Hello YULBAS,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

Why did you not simply post your solution so we can decide for ourselves ?

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.