Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
Hello All
I have sound point IP550 with 3.2.6 version on it i was successfully upgraded it to version 4.1.0 using my filezilla server on my laptop , everything was looks fine
But after i connected the phone back to digium switch box after reloading the application i saw the error msg the image us not compatible with the phone !
Why this happened

Also when the phone come up with an error as the attached photo
Regards
4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Image is not compatible FAQ

More infos:

Take a look at this thread here

and here.

HP Recommended
Thank you very much for your kind reply
Im able to upgrade my phones from 3.3.5 version to 4.0.1 using my laptop on separate network
But when i connect the phone back to my digum switch box and put the http provision server to the phone then the phone seem to be loading old apps from the provisioning server and make the image damage

Any help i hope you understand myproblem

Regards
HP Recommended

Hello again Syamand,

we fully understand your problem and I had already replied to you on multiple occasions and provided several responses.

On the 29.04.2013 I replied => here <= in regards of the pre UCS 3.3.0 already in your other post.

You have basically already answered your own question:

"when i connect the phone back to my digum switch box and put the http provision server to the phone then the phone seem to be loading old apps from the provisioning server"

We, the community, are not aware what apps and configuration your digium switch box contains.

As you figured out yourself already that it is "loading old apps from the provisioning server" why do you not update the Digium box?

This is outside the scope of the Polycom community and you need to inquire in the Digium community how to update to the latest Polycom software.

By pointing your phone back to the HTTP server the phone attempts to load an old SIP application and due the missing downgrader this fails. It then aborts this attempt and loads an old, unsupported configuration, which triggers the pre UCS 3.3.0 message.

All this is explained in detail within the community FAQ and uncountable answered posts.

In addition attempting to download a new UCS Software prompts you to acknowledge the changes that are necessary to be able to use this software.

I will copy & paste this here again for you to read and understand:

READ THESE NOTICES BEFORE ACCEPTING THE DOWNLOAD OF POLYCOM® UC SOFTWARE 4.0.x:

1) Before you can successfully install UC Software 4.0.x onto phones running Polycom® UCS released prior to version 4.0.0, you must perform a required upgrade procedure using the Polycom® Upgrader 4.0.0 Utility.

Before you download and install Polycom® UC Software version 4.0.x or higher, Polycom strongly recommends that you review the changes to the upgrade procedures detailed in the Polycom® UC Software 4.0.0 Administrators’ Guide or newer and Engineering Advisory 64731 Polycom® UC Software 4.0.0: Upgrade and Downgrade Methods.

2) With the release of UCS 3.3.0, the configuration files, their respective parameters and defaults, as well as the provisioning methods have been simplified and also extensively modified in comparison to prior releases. THESE CHANGES ARE NOT BACKWARD-COMPATIBLE with configuration parameters used in previous software releases. Before downloading and installing the software, Polycom strongly recommends that you become familiar with the changes described in the Administrator’s Guide for the Polycom® UC Software – 3.3.0 or newer and Technical Bulletin 60519 Simplified Configuration Improvements in Polycom® UC Software 3.3.0.

Above clearly tells you:

•  With the release of UCS 3.3.0, the configuration files, their respective parameters and defaults, as well as the provisioning methods have been simplified and also extensively modified in comparison to prior releases. THESE CHANGES ARE NOT BACKWARD-COMPATIBLE with configuration parameters used in previous software releases.

• Before you download and install Polycom® UC Software version 4.0.x or higher, Polycom strongly recommends that you review the changes to the upgrade procedures detailed in the Polycom® UC Software 4.0.0 Administrators’ Guide or newer and Engineering Advisory 64731 Polycom® UC Software 4.0.0: Upgrade and Downgrade Methods.

At present:

• If you want to keep using the Digium Box as your SIP server and centrally manage the phones you will not be able to use the latest UCS Software as the files the Digium Box creates for the Phones is not compatible with the manually loaded UCS 4.0.4 Software.
    In addition the Digium Box contains an old SIP application which the phone is unable to load.

• If you want to keep using the Digium Box as your SIP server and not centrally manage the phones you are able to use the latest UCS Software that you manually loaded and manually configure the Phones to register to the Digium Box.

As you can hopefully see by the above explanation you either need to do some work on the Digium Box (i.e. follow this up in the Digium community) or manually provision your phones.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

No Steffen,

It has polycom who has failed to understand

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.