Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

1) Do these support forward to voicemail? It seems like that in SIP mode they support it by pressing *55<ext> but this just results in the call failing for both the caller and the callee.

2) If I put someone on hold and then blind transfer, it seems to break the call. Is this working as intended? Is it relying on something on the Lync end?

3) For the plug in accessory that adds more favorties, does it require a certain version of the UC Software? It doesn't seem to work on our phones and I'm guessing that's why...we just get a black screen.

Brandon

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended
Hello Brandon

I can only recommend to check the FAQ and ensure you are running a current software.

Best regards

Steffen Baier
Replied via a mobile device
------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

@BrandonSHall wrote:

1) Do these support forward to voicemail? It seems like that in SIP mode they support it by pressing *55<ext> but this just results in the call failing for both the caller and the callee.

2) If I put someone on hold and then blind transfer, it seems to break the call. Is this working as intended? Is it relying on something on the Lync end?

3) For the plug in accessory that adds more favorties, does it require a certain version of the UC Software? It doesn't seem to work on our phones and I'm guessing that's why...we just get a black screen.

Brandon

As Steffen said, it is important to know what firmware version you are on.  Some features were enabled/enhanced with later revisions.  You can find the firmware of a phone by pressing the Home button > Settings > (4) Status > (1) Platform > (2) Application > (1) Main > Version.

1.  This works in our Lync environment.  We perform this by transferring to favorites listed on the phone.  I don't know if there is a numeric code to transfer directly into a VM box without it though.

2.  This works in our Lync environment.  The call disappears from the transferers phone as intended.

3.  I think you are refering to the VVX Color Expansion Module.  This device only works on firmware versions 4.1.6, 4.1.7, or 5.1.x >>> http://support.polycom.com/global/documents/support/technical/products/voice/FP78960_polycom_vvx_exp...

We wound up upgrading from 5.0.2 to 5.1.1 to gain use of this feature.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.